Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Interior Light...

I know this is probably a really basic question, but my interior light on my IS200 Sport (52 plate) has no illumination. This light is the one with the sun roof controls... it doesn't swith on from the switch.

Is it a case of simply removing the light panel and replacing the bulb... its not a fuse or anything else is it... i.e. the position the door light button has to be in.

Because I know with remote entry the light used to come on...

Forgive me, I have only had my (first Is200) baby for 3 weeks...

It's not a one-piece removal....

See the grey piece surrounding the lenses?

Grip it firmly from the back and front. No screwdrivers or sharp bits required.

Wiggle / Pull / Twist until it comes off, you may have to get quite upset with it!

Find and replace BA9 bulb

Replace plastic - it should just snap back into place if you haven't ****** it up

It's not a one-piece removal....

See the grey piece surrounding the lenses?

Grip it firmly from the back and front. No screwdrivers or sharp bits required.

Wiggle / Pull / Twist until it comes off, you may have to get quite upset with it!

Find and replace BA9 bulb

Replace plastic - it should just snap back into place if you haven't ****** it up

Mr Morse, what a struggle but I got it off... at one point I thought the roof was going to cave in...!!! But I managed to remove the frame around the light unit... got the bulb off and now off to Halfords to get ripped off... Then I hope to get the rim on with very little effort...

Thanks for that

I went to Halfords, they didn't have it... went to my local 'car bits' shop on the local high street, he didn't have it, phoned up 5 Star spares and they didn't have it... Looked on the internet and found a place that has something...

Is this the correct one...? Will it do the job...?

http://www.consumabulbs.com/files/bdet.php?id=169

I only said that as thats where i got mine about 2 months ago.

Thanks Winnie, I will try Maplins in Kingston tomorrow, if not I will order from the web as the above website.

Maplins have got BA9 bulbs but they seem to be slightly different in WATT's but they do have 12V bulbs... if I get the 12V bulb in a higher or lower rating of WATT's... will it damage or put a strain on anything...

Winnie, do you remember the spec or product code (may be on receipt) please...

Thanks

Receipt...i never keep them :o

As for watts...i just got BA9 12v bulbs. (sorry not techie at all)

Received my bulb today via 'consumabulbs' and a 30 second job... put the bulb in... tested if it works... put the braket back on which clipped on nicely...

Job well done...

Thanks all.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links