Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wood V Alloy Trim

I have a Mk2 RX300 SEL with the wood (?) trim around the gear lever and on the sliding centre box. The 400h has alloy in these parts. I have read and believe it may be possible to replace the wood with the alloy ones which I want to do because it will be more in line with the alloy centre console. I dont mind the wood in the door trims or rear centre arm rest as they are away from the centre console. Has anyone done this and if so, where did you get the parts and how easy is it to do - do you have instructions for doing it?

Cheers

Steve

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ Nov 7 2006, 09:53 PM)

Very nice job. I like the carbon.

Was it a kit or did you have it custom made.

it is produced from an RX400 owner in slovakia www.carbon.sk (he is producing cabon parts for motorcycles) and will be sold via lexus dealers and over the internet.

there is more to come. i will get the two flap doors from the console between the front seats end of this week and the cover for the audio and LCD headunit will be finished by end of this month.

I have a Mk2 RX300 SEL with the wood (?) trim around the gear lever and on the sliding centre box. The 400h has alloy in these parts. I have read and believe it may be possible to replace the wood with the alloy ones which I want to do because it will be more in line with the alloy centre console. I dont mind the wood in the door trims or rear centre arm rest as they are away from the centre console. Has anyone done this and if so, where did you get the parts and how easy is it to do - do you have instructions for doing it?

Cheers

Steve

I have a 400h with the alloy trim but i want to replace it for wood trim. I am told by my dealer it is very expensive to buy the parts through them but maybe we can figure a way to swap with each other?

If you are interested please get in touch and we can see what we can figure out.

By the way, what colour is your wood?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T7RY B @ Nov 7 2006, 09:53 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Very nice job. I like the carbon.

Was it a kit or did you have it custom made.

it is produced from an RX400 owner in slovakia www.carbon.sk (he is producing cabon parts for motorcycles) and will be sold via lexus dealers and over the internet.

there is more to come. i will get the two flap doors from the console between the front seats end of this week and the cover for the audio and LCD headunit will be finished by end of this month.

:wacko:

:crybaby:

:shutit:

:tsktsk:

I've been looking into the carbon trim also,

very nice bit of kit i'm waiting on a sample being sent through from suppliers should be here saturday qouted 137 all round let me know if anyone can get better oh and once i'm done with the sample carbon ill be happy to pass it on to anyone else who may be intrested

very nice bit of kit i'm waiting on a sample being sent through from suppliers should be here saturday qouted 137 all round let me know if anyone can get better oh and once i'm done with the sample carbon ill be happy to pass it on to anyone else who may be intrested

I'd be VERY interested, As I think the wood trim lets the car down.

when I asked about changing when I orderd the car they quoted me £2.5-3k for the 400 upgrade to aluminium!!

its yours kitty ill let you know if its anygood when it arrives and ill send the carbon sample on if you want it

I'd be VERY interested, As I think the wood trim lets the car down.

when I asked about changing when I orderd the car they quoted me £2.5-3k for the 400 upgrade to aluminium!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links