Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Getting To Fuel Tank

stumoo15

Anyone know how to get into the fuel tank and replace the Fuel Filter? Is it under the rear seats or does the tank have to be unbolted from underneath?

im 99% sure the IS doesnt have a fuel filter. I tried ordering one off Chris.S and im sure he said there isn't one.

Craig

I was thinking of replacing the fuel filter on the Lex, I most admit that i did not have a look under the hood yet for it. usually all the car's i have had i have alwasy changed the fuel filter and it does make a massive diff on the MPG.

I will be shocked :o if the Lexus does not have one Will have a look tonight...

please keep me posted,

Dibslpg

Anyone know how to get into the fuel tank and replace the Fuel Filter? Is it under the rear seats or does the tank have to be unbolted from underneath?

im 99% sure the IS doesnt have a fuel filter. I tried ordering one off Chris.S and im sure he said there isn't one.

Craig

thanks a lot guys, well i am suprised :o A fuel filter saves the engine from all the crap at the bottom of the tank that gets pulled in, hence it should be replaced offten. At least thats what i use to do with all my other cars..

Guess i will be saving the money on that part a bit then.. :D

Dibslpg

AFAIK the fuel filter is in the tank and does not need to be replaced

there is a fuel filter in the tank and needs replacing only when faulty, I checked with Lex Nottingham.

Craig

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links