Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Time Error

Eunos800

Just noticed today after entering a route, that the time of arrival is showing as 1 hour later than correct.

I am assuming this is something to do with the recent change of GMT, but thought this would have been adjusted automatically. NE1 else have this....and how do I fix it ?? :D

Have you lost your h/book then?

Surely its in there :tomato:

Nope - and no it isnt there from what i can see. the arrival time stated does say "GMT" but surely a car and mm system this clever, could work out that we are on GMT -1 at present. Even my 8 yr old VCR can do that !

Nope - and no it isnt there from what i can see. the arrival time stated does say "GMT" but surely a car and mm system this clever, could work out that we are on GMT -1 at present. Even my 8 yr old VCR can do that !

Not sure if I'm being helpful or pedantic here - but we're on GMT at the moment. During the summer we're on BST (GMT + 1). Did you remember to change the clock in your car?? :D

Eunos800 - buddy you've been on Holiday again haven't you...anywhere warm and nice?

I don't think it's connected to the Microwave oven clock on the dash at all.

However, on my old Satnav in the Audi I had to change the clock myself on the GPS. I bet you have to do the same here...

I'll have a play through the hidden menu's tomorrow when my ssqueak and rattle free car comes back...i'm sure it'll be there if not anywhere else...

Eunos800 - buddy you've been on Holiday again haven't you...anywhere warm and nice?

I don't think it's connected to the Microwave oven clock on the dash at all.

However, on my old Satnav in the Audi I had to change the clock myself on the GPS. I bet you have to do the same here...

I'll have a play through the hidden menu's tomorrow when my ssqueak and rattle free car comes back...i'm sure it'll be there if not anywhere else...

Hi matey....yes, both warm and nice :D Also, been clocking up quite few miles in lexy ( for a retired gentleman :D ) and getting to know her a little better. No, I agree with you, I dont think the sat is linked with the reular clock ( whichalso has to be changed manually re: GMT +/- ) As I said, it does display "GMT" alongside the destination arrival time, but I am blowed if I can find a way to alter it. At the moment I am just using "remaining time" option instead...but thats not the point is it :winky: Anyway, if you can find a hidden menu ( although *** knows why they have to hide some of this stuff :excl: ) I would appreciate it.

How are you buddy, and why is lexy back at the doctors ?? :blink:

Not sure if I'm being helpful or pedantic here - but we're on GMT at the moment. During the summer we're on BST (GMT + 1). Did you remember to change the clock in your car?? :D

Not pedantic at all sir - you are quite right to point out my error :)

As Jamboo says...I dont think the sat nav time is linked to the dash clock - changed that the morning all the clocks went back. I only really noticed the nav thing recently, 'cos I had not set a destination /route in it for a while. :winky:

Not pedantic at all sir - you are quite right to point out my error :)

As Jamboo says...I dont think the sat nav time is linked to the dash clock - changed that the morning all the clocks went back. I only really noticed the nav thing recently, 'cos I had not set a destination /route in it for a while. :winky:

You have to set the time zone within the SatNav Menus. I can't remember exactly where it is, but it is a standard menu. Its in the same place where you set all the sat nav voice and display options. should only take a few seconds

I think the problem would be fixed if you could set the speeds on different roads to a more fater one. This can be done by goimg into MENU and then SETUP. The default is 20mph for urban, 40mph for country roads and 60mph for motorways, hence the predicted delay in arriving at your destination. I hope this helps.

You have to remember that the GPS Sat clock sends out the standard clocking (whatever that is) 'cos they cover all Europe. The car could be driven in any country in Europe, therefore I suspect it was left in manual set mode.

So whilst it's frustrating, I suppose it the easiest way...

I don't think you're giving your lovely Lexus enough credit :P

I've just been outside to have a look (yes, I do have a very exciting life, spending Friday evening sat in my car (my girlfriend is watching Gardener's World!)). Anyhow, the sat nav set-up menu has an option for time zone. Here you can enter Greenwich (i.e. the UK), Central European or Eastern European as your time zone. There's also an option for daylight saving. Mine has automatically changed to 'No' as of 29th October.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links