Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 Sat Nav Disc

nicnac

Just spoke to Lexus Ireland and after we had a good chortle about the sat/nav as it stands. The guy told me that there is an upgrade due within weeks that will cover 95% of the country. He is going to ring me back with dates. I still don't think we are going to have the drive around accidents facility that every other country has, but considering that 95% of the drivers over here are accidents waiting to happen that might not be a bad thing. You should see them on roundabouts :hehe:

Just spoke to Lexus Ireland and after we had a good chortle about the sat/nav as it stands. The guy told me that there is an upgrade due within weeks that will cover 95% of the country. He is going to ring me back with dates. I still don't think we are going to have the drive around accidents facility that every other country has, but considering that 95% of the drivers over here are accidents waiting to happen that might not be a bad thing. You should see them on roundabouts :hehe:

Thanks Barry,

When you hear more can you PM me ?

Thanks Barry,

Not sure how to use PM as I am computer illiterate.

Anyway I just got off the phone to Lexus Ireland after having to ring them back because they didn't come back to me about my query.

They say that there is a new edition of the sat/nav available. What you do is this.

Remove the old disc. I'm not sure where this is , neither was the guy from the dealer. He thinks it is either in the boot or under a seat. I wonder where he thinks the engine goes :winky:

You then check the part number on the disc which should start 86271.

You then go to www.Lexus-mapupdates.eu where I am told we can buy our new update by credit card for €159 and we will receive it shortly in a nondescript brown paper bag.

Hope this helps.

The tools for removing the clock is in the tool kit, concealed in the spine (access it via the inside of the tool kit). They look a bit like syringes.

In cannot get the clock out at all in mine. I spoke to the dealer - they have a different bracketed tool to remove the clock, but they wouldn't help me (can you believe it) as I don't have genuine reason to do it!

I fear that in Year 4 I'll try and update the disc, the clock will break and it'll cost me £00's...So I'll change it in year 3...

The tools for removing the clock is in the tool kit, concealed in the spine (access it via the inside of the tool kit). They look a bit like syringes.

In cannot get the clock out at all in mine. I spoke to the dealer - they have a different bracketed tool to remove the clock, but they wouldn't help me (can you believe it) as I don't have genuine reason to do it!

I fear that in Year 4 I'll try and update the disc, the clock will break and it'll cost me £00's...So I'll change it in year 3...

Does the mapping software license operate in the same way as normal software. Normally within 12 months of buying any software updates and revisions are available FOC, is this not the case with the Lexus

mapping software. I would be most annoyed if i had recently bought a new car to find the mapping out of date and i have to buy the new version.

OHHH ! :o :o :o I have, it is, and why should we have to pay for it, if the car is less thean 12 months old?.

Infinity........

Thanks Barry,

Not sure how to use PM as I am computer illiterate.

Anyway I just got off the phone to Lexus Ireland after having to ring them back because they didn't come back to me about my query.

They say that there is a new edition of the sat/nav available. What you do is this.

Remove the old disc. I'm not sure where this is , neither was the guy from the dealer. He thinks it is either in the boot or under a seat. I wonder where he thinks the engine goes :winky:

You then check the part number on the disc which should start 86271.

You then go to www.Lexus-mapupdates.eu where I am told we can buy our new update by credit card for €159 and we will receive it shortly in a nondescript brown paper bag.

Hope this helps.

thanks Barry,

Did they say that they would be covering the cost for us poor sods who have the useless earlier disc???

For those about to try and get the dvd out I have pictures of the clip arrangement on my removed unit .i can ost them if it helps but unlike other boards it seems to be a bit of a pain here... :yawn:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links