Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d Light Power

grb

Hi

I've had an IS220d for a few months now and am wondering if there is a problem with the headlights...

When it gets dark and the lights come on the amount of light that they cast seems to be insufficient.

On my wifes 03 plate Laguna more light seems to be produced, and therefore it seems easier to drive.

I know that the headlights on the Lexus are a newer technology - but nevertheless they seem less effective.

Any ideas?

I thought the same tonight on the way home, parked up at the garage and cleaned all lights, still didn't make much difference. The wife's 807 (non HID) knocks spots off the IS220s lights. Perhaps we have low energy light bulbs :)

By design, the lights throw a flat pattern compared to most other cars. i.e. if you park up against a wall or garage door the beam is flat all the way across. I'm used to seeing them light up thge nearside more wth an aextra traingle on top. This can catch you out on bends on dipped beam as you can't see kerb as far forwars as you need to.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links