Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Derestricted My Car,

mAltezza

More info on the de-limiter please as Auto 's are harder to de-limit...

who took the picture?

Speedometers can be off by alot at that speed..... nevertheless i want a runway too :winky: just to top it out once as they say... :D

If you can work your way round some wires you should be able to do it yourself, Basically join 3 differnt coloured wires to the wires that go to the ecu and cut 1 ecu wire and join the 2 derestrictor wire to each side..

Like...

Red derestrictor wire TO orange and black ECU wire

Black derestrictor wire TO black ECU wire

And so on and so on.....

if any1 gets one i will post pics which will make things much easier

http://www.protech-uk.co.uk/ give them a call, its a little black box with 5 wires that connect to the plugs of the ecu,

The instructions arnt the best, but if you need any help il post some pics

BTW the missus took da pic

Ya i might get it for Christmas... :lol:

Any problem with the revs ? as i heard that the HKS SD interferes with them slightly on fifth....

sounds easy.... just best not ***** it up...lol

i might do this ...... so how much faster it....

pics always help

Your IS is not speed restricted so it will make no difference at all. This type of device is for "grey imports" from Japan that are limited to 180kph (112mph).

Any problem with the revs ? as i heard that the HKS SD interferes with them slightly on fifth....

I would like to know that as well Noel, the ECU forces an up-change from 4th to 5th just before the limit is reached, is that still there?

Arrr that explains alot, it will stay in 4th and start rev bouncing, when you lay off the throttle a bit it changes into fifth, but you cant put your foot down in fifth cos it will just change itself back to revbouncing 4th, so you just got to keep it half throlled on fifth,

is there any way round this, gets quite annoying after a while,

When i had Mr.Toyota oil in the engine, the gauge was very slow to move either way, since putting in fully synthetic it is way more active.... whether this is a good or bad thing i don't know... lol

Just had a look at a video clip of an RS200( not mine officer :winky: ) when it was doing 160km/H and the oil gauge is in a similar position to yours at 158mph....

nevertheless i want a runway too :winky: just to top it out once as they say... :D

Or you could join us in Germany ;)

That would be cool... but realisticly what kind of costs are involved?, how long does it take? do you walk in a seated position for weeks afterwards?..... what else is there to see along the way to keep the wife interested?

Oh and when are ye going again? :blush:

That would be cool... but realisticly what kind of costs are involved?, how long does it take? do you walk in a seated position for weeks afterwards?..... what else is there to see along the way to keep the wife interested?

Oh and when are ye going again? :blush:

Think we'll probably go in April/May time, just keep an eye out in the meets section. 1 day to drive there, possible quicker if were following Jason ;) Theres a tram station just down the road so easy access to Koln or a 20 minute drive. Lots of nice scenery to look at, think Maneesh took a scenic drive. A day at the Nurburgring. Usually 4-5 days for 2 people cost about £150 for hotel, £160 for 3-4 tanks of petrol (some 100Ron), then just meals and drinks (plenty of drinks, the hotel prices are very resonable too)

It is a good laugh.

Sorry peeps for taking this :offtopic:

Just seen a video on you-tube of a guy "speeding" in france... :lol:

So you ain't afraid of the french cops impounding your car.... how come?

i heard they are the worst...?

Hooo me? :whistling:

Na i had my good friend TomTom and his little back up called mista Snooper :winky:

Got a delimiter from Protech, cost around £85 here are the results

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4106386

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4106387

Need to get the speed derestricted also but is running in miles funny thing is the speedo is miles out according to my gps unit 112mph exactly at the speed cut reads 125 mph on the clock.(Off public road testing)

I do have a blitz speed jumper that i bought from Fensport that was going to use for my mr2 but found

a chip that derestricts and converts to miles but attaches to the rear board of the speedo unit and works

perfectly in the mr2. :)

Wonder if the blitz speed jumper will work in the Altezza but this particular unit requires a couple of wires attached via the ecu?

mr2new155.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links