Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dashboard Kit

Bluenose1878

If these are the kits i think they are which is high polished stick on veneers then it all depends on how they are fitted

a friend of mine got one and fitted it on his beemer 535 and it was stuck on with double sided tape, that once it was on there was no way of setting it up again

he had all sorts of problems getting the look right

the manufacturer wanted some publicity pictures so they sent him another free, we spent a whole afternoon on the next fit after digging the old stuff off which was hell to do

this time we removed all of the trim first and didn't do it in the car as other bits of trim kept getting in the way and pushing it all off line

he cleaned each part with alcohol to get rid of the polish and muck

then pre fitted each part of the kit to double check it was right, and some parts did need trimming on the edges although all of the holes lined up

this time it went back in and looked fantastic with all the knobs and holes lined up perfect

definately not as easy as they make out, but if you take your time they really do look amazingly good, mount the trim slightly out of line they look amazingly crap

personally I do like the brushed aluminium look more than the wood

Has anyone tried fitting one if the Pre Woodec dashboard kits, what are they like to fit?

I'm not keen on the wood effect but some of the others look ok.

don't do it,they look tacky :)in an is200

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links