Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Harry New Member Says Hi...

Harry RS Altezza

Hello guys :)

Would like to introduce myself say hi and also compliment you guys with fantastic Lexus cars. :winky:

Been an Mr2 turbo rev3 owner for many years now with the Imoc.co.u.k. club for many years now having race tuned most of the car through Rogue motorsport funnily enough our new Altezza rs 200 1999 charcoal grey has the last mr2 engine used 3sge beams.

Have owned the Altezza for about a year and am thrilled to bits with her the auto box is silk smooth not to mention the fantastic motor which drives so so well would never change her for any thing ever!

How ever the Altezza is the sensible part of the family is not to be tuned and is for every day use(SAD)lol

but when ever i come across my favourite Japanese site like Nengun to mention a few Altezza tuning parts

keep screaming at myself and have to pinch myself from not ordering.The parts that got my attention full Toms racing suspension,Trd parts,coilovers and the list goes on...oh well one day may be :D ...Soon.lol

But have so far changed the oil using Castrol edge 5w-30 fully synthetic ester based the 'perfect' viscosity

for the 3sge and the performance difference,smoothness and better acceleration is most noticable also used

a Trd oil filter not to mention Shell v power 99 octane fuel with fuel cleaner additive and the ocasional added

octane boost for long trips just to keep with the Japenese 100 octane rating and goes really well.

Other light refinements we will consider is a Trd panel air filter Neo one octane boost device to fuel line which

will improve fuel economy and raise the octane of the fuel slightly and full service items like quality plugs new leeds and so on,oh not to mention new gearbox oil.

Yesterday took her to pro tyres full brand new Falken grb 452;s 225-45-17's all round top speed rating,94y load,fully directional with 33 bar pressure rear and 32 front or 32/31 for town and about and must say they are fantastic tyres used the previous model Grb451's on our 300bhp turbo with excellent all weather grip too.

Oh and had the full laser tracking camber and toe setting also done which were slighlty out.

Just like to clarify a few point after browsing the threads?

The power switch takes rev range from 6-7k now is there any relationship here with traction control and presume there is one? Here a green light appears on thre dash but think this is purely a power switch?

The speedo is out by miles for example at (112mph) when the speed restriction Japan cuts in my gps unit (true speeds) reads 112mph but the cars speedo clock unit reads 125 mph :whistling: That was off public road test by the way.Incedentally the slightly larger 225-45-17 tyres did not make any noticable difference

to the speed although the Falken are a very low rolling design.

Question can one get a chip to take off the speed restriction that fits the rear of the speedo board?Do have

a blitz speed jumper that was to be used for the mr2 but went for a chip that works very well,the blitz unit speed jumper attachs to the ecu connection a couple of wires?

Oops...lol....getting carried away but as you can see i am a Lexus/Toyota fanatic and have only driven Toyota since my first car and the last run around car was a Levin supercharger 1600cc 160bhp Import coupe

and was only a couple in the U.K. front wheel drive lsd model,fantastic.

Well look forward to meeting up with you guys sharing ideas and helping each other to enjoy and get the best out of our cars to be proud of safe driving as well.

Here is an image or two of our race prepared Mr2 turbo and will upload images of the Altezza tiptronic when

done.

Take care

Best regards

Harry

Speak soon

mr2new164.jpgmr2new251.jpg

mr2new302.jpg

mr2new279.jpg

mr2new158.jpg

:D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links