Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question On Fuel Consumption

hi guys my lex mk2 sport has done 107k miles i checked my fuel consumption twice now and basically for every £5 i get 20 miles around town is that right? do u think i need get my oxygen sensors changed? or should i get an lpg conversion done for £1500? is there and loc member here who lives near london who would be prepared to change my oxygen sensors (if they need changin ) for a fee? thanks guys

hi guys my lex mk2 sport has done 107k miles i checked my fuel consumption twice now and basically for every £5 i get 20 miles around town is that right? do u think i need get my oxygen sensors changed? or should i get an lpg conversion done for £1500? is there and loc member here who lives near london who would be prepared to change my oxygen sensors (if they need changin ) for a fee? thanks guys

By my calcs that works out at around 16mpg assuming your paying 87p a litre. Not brilliant on fuel are they?

(Says he contemplating a GS430!!) How does that compare to the stated consumption? I'm assuming you've got a 300 rather than a 430, in which case it'd probably be more or less right....

As for the lpg conversion, there's a few guys here with them but the consensus seems to be that you need to be careful where you get it done and what conversion kit is used. As for whether it's worth it, well that depends on how much you drive the thing. LPG is approximately half the cost of unleaded, so if the conversion costs £1500, then just to break even you'll need to drive far enough to burn £3k of petrol - which is about 12k miles even at 16mpg!! Depends how long you want to keep the car though I guess, if you're thinking years and years anyway, then it would be worth it. Plus, for the sake of convenience, I've ignored the fact the mpg is worse for lpg than petrol - but it seems to vary per vehicle and kit, so it's hard to accurately calculate.

[calcs: £5 at 87p a litre = 5.74 litres, = 1.26 gallons. 20/1.26 = 15.87mpg. And fuel at 87p a litre = £3.95 per gallon. 3000/3.95 = 760 gallons of unleaded. 16 * 760 = 12160 miles]

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links