Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Issues

I wonder if you guys can help ?

I have an IS300 sportcross on a 52 plate and have a rather annoying issue with it.

At slow speed over speed bumps I get an annoying noise from the front suspension. I sounds like a creak at times... but at other times sounds like a faint knocking noise. My dealer changed the front shocks about 7 months ago. It was fine for a while... then started doing it again 3 months ago. Under warranty the dealer changed them again. However, the noise is back again. Now before I approach the dealer again I thought I'd get some advice from you guys.

Also I get a faint clicking sound when turning right or left. The brake pad shim kits were replaced when the first set of shocks were put in. They were regreased again when the second set of shocks went in and that noise has also come back.

I can't see the shocks doing this. Can it be something else that the dealer doesn't want to touch ? It's really annoying :tsktsk:

Oh and this is the second IS300 SC I have owned and the other one also suffered from this issue too. Are they all prone to this :question:

i've got a is200 se and also have the same problem. took it to lexus and they changed the front shocks to the newer spec, and i still get the noise when i go over speedbumps at slow speed. the dealer principal got in the car with me, and said thats the calipers levelling....sodont know. havent driven another is200 to check though.

i've got a is200 se and also have the same problem. took it to lexus and they changed the front shocks to the newer spec, and i still get the noise when i go over speedbumps at slow speed. the dealer principal got in the car with me, and said thats the calipers levelling....sodont know. havent driven another is200 to check though.

he is takign the ***** mate.

So where do you go from here ?

My dealer told me that he has a few that do this, and that the Lexus Technical team just tell him to keep changing the shocks.

Could it be the top mounts ? Bushes ? what ?

I need an independant to check it out, is there anyone on here in the South East who can help ?

i had a creaking sound after going over speed bumps, so i sprayed all my rubber bushes on the front suspension with spray grease/wd 40. i did have to spray them 2 or 3 times over a week and never heard the creaking sound again that was 2 years ago, put it down to dry joints!!

he is takign the ***** mate.

who's taking the ****

i dunno whos takin tha ****,but i think what the other members are tryin to say is that dealers will generally not know whats goin on,or will try and rip you off,if you come across as someone who doesnt know their vehicle.Does the Is300 have a diff,if so could it not be that.(in the m3 the diff plays alot in noise when turning sharply left/right,i get a faint knocking from my diff,at the rear when turning left)Bushes wise,isnt it surely a case of renewing the bushes with uprated ones(poly jobies) or like ice says,"spray em with WD40".I am always of the firm beleif that Lexus dealers or not,they will always aim to pull your pants down as this is the nature of their targets and business plan way of doin things(chris shipley and staff at Hanley,excluded ofcourse).Hope you dont need another pair of shocks(are you 100% sure your shocks were changed again under warranty,or were you fobbed?just curious,please dont be offended.

Rsarin, They were replaced, it's easy enough to tell. Weird solution though. Most of the other cars I have owned never needed them replacing until well after 60k miles.

Has anyone got any pics of which bushes to spray with WD40 ? I'll give it a go... but I don't know what to look for.

Or actually .. I am seeing Dr Bones this Wednesday.. I could ask him to give them a good coating :winky:

i had the same noise as you guys, and was told when the car went in for service that the front passenger side shock needed replacing. this was about 4 months ago and touch wood its been fine ever since

Ive had six shocks a new upper and lower suspension arm new bottom balljoint all under warranty and still the noise persists from the front right side. I regreased and tweaked the springs on the front brakes, this caused the noise to lessen but not go away completely. The Caliper guide pins seem quite loose, is this normal, could this be the cause?

Lithium soap base glycol grease any ideas where I can get this? what do you use.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links