Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaning Tinted Windows

ALI_1

Ive just used warm water before. On another slightly different note, well advice more than anything.....returned to my car after parking it in a pay and display....marked my tint inside!! :crybaby:

I learnt the hard way, the first time I had my windows tinted I was using the Autoglym paste window cleaner is i find its very good for windows.

BUT NOT FOR TINTED WINDOWS

It took all the film, off.

I was advised by Autopis to use a Spray wondow cleaner found the Zymol to be good as that was the products I was using at the time.

But to be fair all spray window cleaners seem to be the same, I think its more the cloth that you use.

I buy small hand towels or terry towels to clean my windows, if they are not too bad inside just warm water or mixed warm water with the spray window cleaner works wonders.

i used armourguard glass wipes and while i was cleaning the windows i found chalky substance on the tint cant realy notice it until you rub on it i tryed cleaning it but seemed to have scratched the tint anyone know what it is

If its like a chalky shiny substance then its your film, That is what happened to me.

Now I am a lot more clued up on what to do and what not to do.

The wipes that are out are not that bad, but no good for tinted windows as they contain something to keep them Moist and its this substance that causes the tint to come off.

Hi mate try Chemical Guys streak free window cleaner.

U can get it from www.carwashnwax.co.uk

Tell David steve from sparkle car care sent u and u may get a discount. Tell him your problems with the tints and he may be able to help. Im sure the CG window clean will sort it. Good luck

H i thanx for the help/advice i looked at the window in the morn looked like its been tinted chalky white!! got some fairy and warm water and a cloth and kept on rubbing on it with pressure seems to have done the trick am suprised no one has ever mentioned the chalky stuff about tinted windows before and why was it that i just had this problem with the driverside window and the rest were fine

• 3 weeks later...

I would reccommend 'Invisible Glass' on all glass surfaces

Caution: do not use products that contain ammonia, as it is very harmful to vinyl, plastic and rubber. It will cause plastic to ‘yellow’ and become clouded and it will also turn Mylar (plastic) window tint purple.

Some people prefer to use plain water to clean their windows. While this is a very safe method, water is not enough of a solvent to cut the protein base of stubborn grease / grime spots

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links