Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitted Arb

CIJ

Well today took the car into the garage, i only went in to see if they could fit me in sometime soon to get the ARB fitted, next thing i knew it was on the ramp and the lad had started takin the original off!! Unfortunatly they only got the front fitted and im goin back 2moro to fit the rear, but i took the car out tonight and i can hear some sort of knocking that i know wasnt there before. Is there a chance that something can be loose or have the drop linkages buggered up whilst taking them off?? :duh:

Cheers Chris

Ive have been waiting paitentially for them :winky: and i got the news that im not going back away to see till the 24th of Feb, soooo i thought i may aswel go and stick them on!!

When he romoved the original ARB the drop linkages had to come off with it, and he used a bit of heat to get them off?? Could this have damaged them??

Chris

How much did you pay for all the drop linkages?? Did you buy original Lexus parts or not?? Also could you point me in the direction for some bushes?? I may aswell make a propper job of it!!

Cheers Chris

How much did you pay for all the drop linkages?? Did you buy original Lexus parts or not?? Also could you point me in the direction for some bushes?? I may aswell make a propper job of it!!

Cheers Chris

Drop links are genuine toyota and were £170 for the 4 plus all the bolts. As for the bushes might be worth asking Dave, see if he can get you a set.

Had the same on mine, mate (in fact I still have it) since I had the long journey to get them fitted by the Dr himself (wheels-inmotion.co.uk).

Been told it's the drop link and it will be replaced free of charge by Tony when I go back for my geometry fine tune. Now that's service!

Just out of interest which garage do you use round here?

Had the same on mine, mate (in fact I still have it) since I had the long journey to get them fitted by the Dr himself (wheels-inmotion.co.uk).

Been told it's the drop link and it will be replaced free of charge by Tony when I go back for my geometry fine tune. Now that's service!

Just out of interest which garage do you use round here?

Ive just been quoted £100 for all 4, not genuine like, but save myself £70, i'll give Dave a PM.....

I use a place called Hi-Performance cos i know a few of the lads in there, also can get my hands dirty helpin out!!

Well ive had the rear ARB fitted now, and the knockin is pretty bad. Think im gonna get the drop links that the lad can get a hold of! As for the bushes ive pm'd dave and await his reply.....just have to wait now, i can feel a difference with them fitted but i think the knockin noise is distracting me from feeling the full force of the ARB's :D :hehe: :P

If you went for the TTE ARB's you could try to get the stiffer perfect fitting Eibach bushes.

TTE Arbs are so cheap it was impossible to invest a bit in extra fitting bushes (Eibach offers them as extra).

As for the knocking sounds I got these after fitting TTE ARB's and lowering springs± I changed just about everything and still have them. Only comment from TTE was to return the springs and money refund if they showed production failure. Not what I would call service, will remember that next time I consider a new mod.....

Got the Drop Links delivered yesterday, and fitted today, bye bye knocking noise :D :lol::hehe: now i can enjoy them without thinking im doing any damage!!

Still gotta wait for the Bushes tho, then that'll just finish it off :D

Im happy now, and you can feel the difference over the OEM ones!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links