Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking For A Diagnostics Plug

Hopefully someone can help. I have the software and the laptop to run diagnostics checks (e.g. fault codes) but i can't find anywhere which does the cable which connects the laptop to the car. Someone will know in this forum as they always do. Cheers

One of these is it?

Your the man. I knew someone would have the answer. Let this be a lesson to new members if you need a question answered about anything to do with your Lexus, ask it here. Then we can put the Lexus garages out of business, start making them ourselves and then the whole world can be ours. Ha ha ha ha.

• 2 weeks later...

Been thinking about these for a bit but afraid of messing it up..

So to re-cap:

1. Thanks for the link to the software, Which is the one you use?

2. Iceman: can this ODB2 cable (ebay) be used on the IS200 se 99 models? connects under bonnet marked diagnostics :blush::blush: (no other hidden location is there).

3. Where to get the faults codes explaination from please?

Cheers, any help appriciated.

Dibslpg

OPS. pehaps i could came and hook mine up to your laptop :D Housty34 if you are local?

Been thinking about these for a bit but afraid of messing it up..

So to re-cap:

1. Thanks for the link to the software, Which is the one you use?

2. Iceman: can this ODB2 cable (ebay) be used on the IS200 se 99 models? connects under bonnet marked diagnostics :blush::blush: (no other hidden location is there).

3. Where to get the faults codes explaination from please?

Cheers, any help appriciated.

Dibslpg

OPS. pehaps i could came and hook mine up to your laptop :D Housty34 if you are local?

1, don't use any mate, been thinking about it but not really too fussed about it tbh.

2, Take a look under the dash by the drivers knees ;)

3, AutoData has a list of all the fault codes.

1, don't use any mate, been thinking about it but not really too fussed about it tbh.

2, Take a look under the dash by the drivers knees ;)

3, AutoData has a list of all the fault codes.

Cheers for the Info Ice_man, but Autodata charge around £62.50 for the 2007 data sheets. + nopt sure if they are the right ones :o

Just looking for a simple data sheet which will give a guide to the faults then i can take it to the garage and tell them to fix the bug, rather than them doing a lot of Umming and Arring and scratching their heads and thinking how much money they can get out off this one... :shifty: :tsktsk:

I will keep on looking, if any off you guys came across some them please post them up, I’m sure more are on the look for them too.. :D

Dibslpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure these will be downloadable from the net somewhere for free, if i can find them i will post a link to them,

also that cable is about 1m long, it looks like one of the ends is a serial is there anyway of confirming that it is because then i will by a serial extension so it will reach to my normal desktop machine.

surely this cable will only give errors on the car aswell so if there is no problem it wont show anything. (sounds a bit dumb reading that over again)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links