Is200 Servicing

1972pixie

• 3 weeks later...
Good Afternoon

I saw this link on the main lexusownersclub.co.uk page

Prestige Servicing

Just a couple of quick questions :

Has anybody used this service ?

Will the B Service do everything I would get done at a Lexus main dealer (80000 miles)

Where the closest to Middlesbrough is ?

Thanks

Chris :)

Hi there I recently found this site and wasn't sure whether to give them a try.

The prices don't seem bad so if anyone out there knows anything about them would welcome the feedback as i'm considering giving them a go.

I have done some research into this company as far as pricing is concerned and all is not as it would seem. There are quite a few items not included in the "Service B" that are all included with Lexus.

They include:

Rear Diff oil replacement - £50 + VAT

Air-Con filter - £35 + VAT

Coolant replacement - £45.50 +VAT

Brake Fluid replacement - £45.50 +VAT

I am not 100% sure they would do the "Additional Inspections" as part of this either such as:

Drive Belts, Charcoal Canister, and Valve clearances.

The total price if I were to have all this done in the 60,000 6yr service is £500 assuming no extras. Lexus quoted 582.04 inc VAT. Of course this does not include the Timing Belt which is due at either 6 years or 100,000 miles (the book says 100,000 miles only but Lexus said whichever sooner)

It is cheaper and if you haven't the luxury of a trusted local then could be a good option. The guy did tell me that they would not replace the fluids unless needed and would call to confirm. They would however check them all for quality. As a result the cost could be as little as £400 odd.

I am going to give them a go and will post the outcome.

I have done some research into this company as far as pricing is concerned and all is not as it would seem. There are quite a few items not included in the "Service B" that are all included with Lexus.

They include:

I am not 100% sure they would do the "Additional Inspections" as part of this either such as:

The total price if I were to have all this done in the 60,000 6yr service is £500 assuming no extras. Lexus quoted 582.04 inc VAT. Of course this does not include the Timing Belt which is due at either 6 years or 100,000 miles (the book says 100,000 miles only but Lexus said whichever sooner)

It is cheaper and if you haven't the luxury of a trusted local then could be a good option. The guy did tell me that they would not replace the fluids unless needed and would call to confirm. They would however check them all for quality. As a result the cost could be as little as £400 odd.

Look forward to hearing the outcome as i'm considering giving them a go but I think i'll wait and see how you get on fisrt, just in case :)

They include:

Sorry fellas, but what and where is the Charcoal Canister. Also does the valve clearence really need to be checked and how do you know if it does require a check. Cheers

No idea what a charcoal canister is and I don't think they do either. It is listed in my servicing book as an additional inspection item.

Anyhow, to Prestige Servicing.

It turns out that they are an agent in Leicester who actually use other garages country wide. Basically farming work out.

The car is running well and all items that I can see have been done. I requested a pollen filter and rear diff oil change which was extra. The car was washed and hoovered out but not a full valet. The total charge was £430.34. That includes £57 for the rear diff and £46.25 for the pollen filter.

I did call to request an explanation why the pollen filter was so expensive considering it takes no more than 5 minutes to do and Lexus sell them for £25 inc VAT! He explained that the cost of their filter including mark up was £30 plus the .25 hour fitting cost of £16.25 plus VAT all adds up to £46.25. He than started to explain that all work is timed as per some computer time sheet and not the actual time the work took. Interesting and on this occasion pricey! I suppose that can work in our favour too. An important lesson learned for me there.

All in all I cannot say they are good or bad since the garage that did mine will not necessarily do yours. The guys were polite and helpful and my car is serviced. It was also picked up and dropped off in good time. I suppose only time will tell.

• 1 month later...

A charcoal canister is what is says, a canister full of charcoal, its connected to the breather system on the fuel tank, I think the charcoal collects some of harfull stuff from the fuel vapor. it gets full after time so cant do what it used to, older cars don't have them and it not something tested on an MOT so its up to you if you want it replaced.....

I have booked my car in with Prestige servicing for a B service and the garage that they are taking it to is a local garage that sells all Prestige cars such as Ferraris and astons.

I got a qoute from the garage direct and they wanted £500 so i'm getting it done for half the price not bad. :D

Will let everyone know how i get on.

Got my car serviced yesterday and it all seemed to go well.

They picked up after ringing me to check i would be in. I got a phone call half way through the day to let me know that nothing had been flagged up that needed changing apart from need new wiper blades (which i had sat at home) and tyres worn on inside which i knew.

They returned the car in good time and where very polite.

I had just the B service done and car seems to be running fine so cant complain.

• 10 months later...

:crybaby:

I used prestigecarservicing and regret it now. It is old post but I think I should warn people before using them.

Looks like they have no control over the garage. If garage screw your car you can not complain - no complaint procedure on their site, no contact address. Garages, which are servicing cars for them might be unprofessional I think. You do not know where you car is going. When I found that my car's serice went bad I checked the net and saw one comment that garage owner wrote that he got agreement with them over the phone and was servicing for them.

Looks like there is no quality control from PrestigeCarServicing. The list of work carried out I demanded to get from prestige car servicing contained items checked which were not working in my car at all. Model of my car was wrong in documentation I got from them. My car was not serviced properly and to fulfill service I ended up in dealer’s service where work was done very well. I strongly do NOT recommend using Prestige Car Servicing.

You can know where your car is going! As i posted if you ask them they will let you know so you can judge for yourself whether you want to use them and the garage they will take it to.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience and i hope that your next one will be better.

• 3 months later...

Have to say I agree with Idomin. I got it done last year as you know from the post but I recently had the minor service done at Lexus. Not too much cash for a good checkup I thought. Well they slammed the fact that the air filter needed thumping and chiselling out and that the brake fluid was in a right bad state.

All said and done I used them but will never go back!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links