Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi ,

Can anyone tell me which fuse/relay is for the aircon on an LS mkIII?

Ken

Just looked in owners manual, but nothing listed :huh:

I don't know if the series 2 is the same but if so the fuse is number 11 situated in the driver's side kick panel ( could be passenger side as my book is for the US spec model) and is rated at 15A ( according to the book this fuse also controls the heater rear window as well so check to see if this is working 1st)

Hi ,

Ken

I don't know if the series 2 is the same but if so the fuse is number 11 situated in the driver's side kick panel ( could be passenger side as my book is for the US spec model) and is rated at 15A ( according to the book this fuse also controls the heater rear window as well so check to see if this is working 1st)

Hi Steve,

The fuses on the MkIII are under the bonnet but the legends on the box lid don't refer to air con and as EO66 points out, there is nothing in the user handbook to help :crying:

Ken

Hi ,

Ken

Hi Steve,

The fuses on the MkIII are under the bonnet but the legends on the box lid don't refer to air con and as EO66 points out, there is nothing in the user handbook to help :crying:

Ken

Redken

As per my post Timing belt/time to change, I'm taking my car to Lexus dealer on wed, hope your sorted by then but if not let me know and I'll ask the question for you, what year and letter is your LS

Hi ,

Ken

Hi Steve,

Ken

Redken

As per my post Timing belt/time to change, I'm taking my car to Lexus dealer on wed, hope your sorted by then but if not let me know and I'll ask the question for you, what year and letter is your LS

Hi EO66

Mine is a 96 'P'

Regards

Ken

Hi ,

Ken

Hi Steve,

Ken

Redken

Hi EO66

Mine is a 96 'P'

Regards

Ken

Cheers Ken, Like I said hopefully you will be sorted sooner rather that later, if your not I can ask at my Lexus dealer on Wed, bet it's something simple though, regards, Ian

Feel free to shoot me down here but here goes.

If the compressor isn't kicking in then there is a good chance that the gas has disappeared. A lot of compressors have a safety feature that disables them if the gas gets below a certain level or disappears altogether.

This may not be the case on Lexus but it has been an issue on a few of my other cars with aircon.

It is the case on series 2, the compressor won't kick in if there is a shortage of refrigerant

Happened to me......OK after regas etc.......

Hold down recirculate and auto and turn the ignition on. After the three beeps press any of the buttons and the current error codes for the aircon will come up. If you are low on gas it will be error 23. Hope this helps Alan

Hi Alan,

I did this and I get the following:

The display shows 14, then beeps 3 times...each beep is accompanied by a display as follows....21....23....24

Then back to 14 (no beep) and starts again.

Any ideas?

Regards

Ken

Hold down recirculate and auto and turn the ignition on. After the three beeps press any of the buttons and the current error codes for the aircon will come up. If you are low on gas it will be error 23. Hope this helps Alan

Hi Alan,

I did this and I get the following:

The display shows 14, then beeps 3 times...each beep is accompanied by a display as follows....21....23....24

Then back to 14 (no beep) and starts again.

Any ideas?

Regards

Ken

By the way...The only key i can press that does anyting after the 3 beeps is the recirculate key...which steps through all the functions and speeds.

Hi Ken, I have just looked up thoughs error codes for you, here they are as follows:

14:Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit

21:Passenger's Solar Sensor Circuit(This error will show if there is no sunlight at the time of test)

23:Abnormal refrigerent pressure (You need to regas the system)

24:Driver's Solor Sensor (Same as error 21)

Hope this helps, I only have a MKII this does not have all the same error codes as yours. I have got error 23, had to have the car regased but it lost it all again. I have just bought a new Condenser. You may need to do the same?

Regards Alan.

Hi Ken, I have just looked up thoughs error codes for you, here they are as follows:

14:Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit

21:Passenger's Solar Sensor Circuit(This error will show if there is no sunlight at the time of test)

23:Abnormal refrigerent pressure (You need to regas the system)

24:Driver's Solor Sensor (Same as error 21)

Hope this helps, I only have a MKII this does not have all the same error codes as yours. I have got error 23, had to have the car regased but it lost it all again. I have just bought a new Condenser. You may need to do the same?

Regards Alan.

Hi Alan,

The 21 and 23 error codes now make sense as I tried it at night. I took it to kwik-fit today and they gassed it up. Cost £45 and its working perfectly. A Lexus engineer told me that the refigerant tends to leak from the condensor connections on the LS.

Anyway, thanx a lot for the top tip (Lexus were trying to flog me a new condenser!!)

Regards

Ken

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links