Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Maximum Wattage For Stereo

How many watts can my custom stereo be in my IS300 before I have to upgrade my alternator. I really don't wanna do that. I was gonna put in 2 Kicker Solo-Baric L7s with about 1500watts :o :blink::nuke: or 2 Kicker Solo-Baric L5s with about 1200watts. Can the stock alternator handle that much power? and would it mess up an in-dash screen? would capacitors let me do that much power without upgrading the alternator?

If the car cant handle that without upgrading the alternator i was gonna do one of those prebuilt audiobahn bandpass enclosures with about 600watts

sod power caps - just get yourself a yellow top optima Battery and you should be fine - the IS's have a reasonable alternator.

coming from me who once spend nearly a grand on a streetwires 140 amp alternator - thats when they were that much

Adeyb

Grew out of competition car audio when the fun stopped

a power cap is there to act as a cushion between the item that draws heavy current.....amp, and the Battery because it stores power it is the cap that takes the hit when the amp draws heavy current.

even a high end Battery would eventually struggle to maintain a constant level of available current if prolonged use of a heavy current draw.

and they look nice :geek:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links