bloofire

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mat you're supposed to wipe your arse, not stick your fingers up it :lol:

What did you do there? That pic reminds me of everyone's fingers at JAE after they tried your sauce!!!

Ow! That would be like a thin version of me standing on your fingers!!

Lucky you didn't break anything there pal :)

Just put Insanity Sauce under your finger nails, that'll stop you biting them! :sick:

Back on topic, is there anything that is standard on the Monster now?

i would like to.........but i think the next major problems are going to be traction and the differential.

i think once sorted the car will be very good in a straight line..........but Hidious at trying to change direction quickley :D

Unfortunately I have no chance of getting a picture before Friday, it may even be next week, but I can confirm that it is definately the same part.

Call me naive but surely it would take no more than 15 minutes to take a picture ....if you are busy Nathan or one of the other mechanics could oblidge I'm sure :question:

Then mats mind, and much less importantly other owners with more than 250 bhp, minds would be put at rest

Thanks for you input Dave. Unfortunately we just don't have the time at the mo and are unlikely to until a least Friday.

It does look like this is an issue that you and some of the other guys should be concerned about.

You are welcome to cover and do it if you want though. The ramp is tied up until the w/end but you can borrow a jack.

Dont know if it is just me (highly doubt it) but there always appears to be something wrong/broken/damaged/out of limits etc ending up in another convenient delay-  or maybe I am my normal sceptical self  ;)  so much for the 2 weeks worth of work eh.

Mat i reckon you would have this finished at least a year ago if u had done it all yourself!

as for the photo of the damage it doesnt take long to undo the bolt and move the arm out of the way for a proper photo, but as u say there might be one next week

You need to chill out mate. A project like this is a long learning curve, especially the way in which we took it on. When you create someing totally unique you have to expect to be the first person to find out what doesn't work or needs changing.

No delays are convenient as far as we are concerned. If it wasn't for the fact that we decided to scrap the propshaft instead of just rebalancing the original, it would have been done on time (excluding unkown issues that have been raised, and any more that may appear).

I doubt very much whether anyone could have finished it a year ago for the same price.

I agree that it doesn't take long to undo a bolt, but it does have to be slotted into a busy schedule.

I have brought the entire project into the public domain for the benefit of anyone that is interested in the Lexus brand. Normally this would all be done in private so that any r&d issues or problems would remain secret. It seems to me that there are plenty of Keyboard Warriors looking to detract from the project at any and every opportunity, so it makes any future projects coming into the public domain highly unlikely. But then I guess you will moan that we are being secretive.

Thank you for your interest and input Rob

A Simple mod means that the Mats special Toms gear knob can now be used, as well as selecting reverse gear, which is helpful  :)

Mark, was that a mod to Mat's knob or the gaiter? Heard someone saying he could do with some work on that! If it was the standard gaiter what did you do as I need to do something to mine and I'm scared I'll knacker it up!

Thanks mate

As a temporary measure we just put a spacer inside the knob to prevent it screwing down so much. Cheap and cheerful but does the job.

well done on the photoshoot, sure wasnt the best weather to be doing it  :o

when should we be on the lookout for it

mark is this problem one that could occur to say a basic supercharged 200,

i must admit to getting a bit paranoid as the car gets older  :blink:

is it something i can check for myself

i have looked at mat`s pictures and they might as well be a map of the underground  :crying:

would be grateful if you could pinpoint where to look, as previously said before a piccy would help

Baz, I believe it's appearing in the April Issue, but don't :tomato: me if I'm wrong Rob.

This is the first time we have come across the sub frame problem before, so I'm not really qualified to answer that question. I guess you have 2 options. Either have the fix done to prevent it happening, or have the rear alignment checked regularly to monitor the situation. I recommend the former.

mats pictures are a perfect illustration. You can see the offending bracket that supports the toe rod.

i would like to.........but i think the next major problems are going to be traction and the differential.

i think once sorted the car will be very good in a straight line..........but Hidious at trying to change direction quickley :D

The Race Logic Traction and Lauch control is fitted and working by the way.

Must get some proper rear wheels and tyres asap ;) My Supra had 11x19's on the rear, and used to light up the tyres in 4th gear.

i agree totally with the Wheel issue, but its dam hard finding the right wheels with the right offset

Just another challenge mate.

Some people can can rise to and meet a challenge, and some people just criticise ;)

Just imagine what the world would be like without forward thinking and courageous people :duh:

Some people can can rise to and meet a challenge, and some people just criticise  ;)

Just imagine what the world would be like without forward thinking and courageous people  :duh:

Mark, What is that supposed to mean.

i meet more challanges than the average Joe bloggs would ever encounter in his life.....and have far more gratification from it aswell..not just a few Certificates i can hang on the wall

ive found some wheels....or a few types, but hopefully The deal im working on with the supplier /sponser will provide the wheels.AND tyres for some time to come

i can get 10x18 on no problem at the rear

but no bigger than 8x18 on the front

i could get a 10.5 x 18 with a 45 offset on there just.................its just a case of finding one, and having the car available.

it doesnt help when im here the cars there and the sponser is in Japan!!

Some people can can rise to and meet a challenge, and some people just criticise  ;)

Just imagine what the world would be like without forward thinking and courageous people  :duh:

It means that there are a few people out there like your good self, that are prepared to be at the forefront and do what need to be done, and there are others that just criticise and bemoan things that they couldn't do as well themselves.

Why is there so much talk about the bracket.  ;)

Its obviously not up to the job,as Mark has identified a problem,so just fix it and move on and get it on the road with its full power.

:D  :D

not quite the point pete

if there is a problem, it should be identified and the probable cause sought

along with any solutions to a remedy

mark has identified a problem, and as far as it looks, on a car hasnt undergone any major stress YET! so it might be a problem that is relative to other IS`s

the fact that it may fail in a short period of time makes it more worrying

at least we know what it is that fails, now we just wait for the information on how it has failed,

It means that there are a few people out there like your good self, that are prepared to be at the forefront and do what need to be done, and there are others that just criticise and bemoan things that they couldn't do as well themselves.

ahhh ok :shutit: .thought you was having a dig ;)

maybe some people just dont realise or understand mechanical process......

I do understand M8, to date i dont know of any IS that will kick out as much bhp as the monster so for those running S/C they have nothing to worry about as your only pushing out approx 220 bhp, its just that there was to much talking about how/where it could of happened,at the end of the day its not right so fix it....simple really.

I doubt wether many people have seen or could idenify crabbing anyway!!!

discussion is good...........

one thing that will come out of this Bracket issue is everyone who intends to run High Torque High HP cars should look and address the potential issues that could arrise..............

the main issue for the prolonged discussion is the sudden revelation about this problem, and a route to find a means to an end to the problem, or at Minimum a fix, that is easy to implement .

I do understand M8, to date i dont know of any IS that will kick out as much bhp as the monster so for those running S/C they have nothing to worry about as your only pushing out approx 220 bhp, its just that there was to much talking about how/where it could of happened,at the end of the day its not right so fix it....simple really.

I doubt wether many people have seen or could idenify crabbing anyway!!!

the monster has been restricted in output

dont think anyone is aware of the bhp it is running

but....for most of its life it ran the standard supercharged figure of 220bhp

as the mileage since the conversion is minimal, it would be best to look at it as an overal problem that may occur in any IS

would be nice to see what damage there is

i know what crabbing is and have seen it many times, but i certainly aint seen it lately :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links