Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Torq Steer And Hesitation?

Ok, I am getting used to it slowly, but any tips and tricks would be greatfully received!

Do you find these cars suffer with bad torq steer under hard acceleration, it has taken me by surprise a few times, I am getting used to it slowly, but it really does S around sometimes, I am sure it is more user error than car.

Also, on a windy day, the car feels like it is hesitating, I am not sure if it is, or the wind hitting the front is creating that sensation, anyone else find this?

Ok, I am getting used to it slowly, but any tips and tricks would be greatfully received!

Do you find these cars suffer with bad torq steer under hard acceleration, it has taken me by surprise a few times, I am getting used to it slowly, but it really does S around sometimes, I am sure it is more user error than car.

Also, on a windy day, the car feels like it is hesitating, I am not sure if it is, or the wind hitting the front is creating that sensation, anyone else find this?

are you driving an IS200 or an RX ??

not sure what you refer to as torque steer, but you dont get it on a rear wheel drive car, it is only found on front wheel drive cars where it is caused by the unequal length driveshafts

what you may find is the front of your car is lightened by the transfer of weight under acceleration, and in turn lightening the steering feel, otherwise it could be caused by tramlining of the wheels on the road

quite possible to feel a hesitation if the wind is strong, try putting your hand out the window at 70mph and you will appreciate what the car is up against

Cheers for the response.

I have updated my profile, I have an RX400h, which seems to me to be primarily a front wheel driver car, under hard acceleration it does seem to yank from one wheel to the next on occasions.

In terms of the wind, I am aware of that as I ride a motorbike, so I appreciate the wind blast. Having driven many cars and not any SUVs until now I have not really appreciated what effect wind can have on a car. Hence my question, do people find in the RX300/400 that the wind hits the front of the car hard, giving the impression of hesitation?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links