Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dear All,

I have a GS300 96 Sport.

I had been driving the car for about 30-45mins and the alarm started going off.

If did not cut off the engine or flash the indicators.

I stopped the car, and tried to turn the alarm off with the fobs, it made no differance.

The alarm would go off for 30seconds then stop for 5, then start again!

Now this has happened a couple times, and the best way to stop it. is to pull over and turn everything off and wait.

Not sure what the hell is doing it, but I thought I would ask here before I take it to a garage (probe lexus ££££, as they will know more I hope!)

any ideas?

TTFN

Danny

Yeap, all locks ok, and alarm is armed.

Been out today, two trips of 30mins and no problem.

This is really weird, as yesterday it was happening nearly every 15mins for about 10mins.

I was thinking, if the alarm had a backup Battery, then maybe thats buggered´?

Bump.

Just thought I would ask again. Have been trawling the net trying to find a solution, and it looks like others have had the problem!

Does anyone know the following:

a) what fuses to remove inorder to deactive the alarm?

B) what causes the alarm to go off while driving?

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 year later...
Did you find a solution?

Do the indicators flash when it goes off? or just the horns (can you tell which horns go off?)?

Hello folks,

I have a GS300 MK1 and have similar problems. I have 2 keys, one black and the other grey. I have been told by the RAC guy who came out to see me today that if you use they grey valet key for longer than the system is happy with, it sounds the alarm but no flashing of lights. I was using the valet key as I wanted to keep the black master key safe at home. I will now use the black key only and see what happens. It might be a corroded siren as pointed out by some other members but let's wait and see befroe ripping bits out.

Anyone interested in my findings should contact me through the LOC after a few days. Today is 24-9-08.

Hope this was of use to someone.

Regards.

Righty ho!

After being off the road for while (Driving Ban, long story......) I have had the GS300 back on the road.....

The problem with the alarm has shown its self only once, and I disconnected the Battery, waited 5 mins and reconnected.

For about a month now the problem has not reoccurred.

Thus I recon if get the problem reset the ECU etc....

Danny

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links