Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Wont Start

Big_O

my housemate moved my car this morning as i was blocking another car. the alarm was set off as she used the key instead of the fob. she used the fob to turn the alarm off then got in the car and moved it fine. i go to use it a couple of hours later and she had left it unlocked. the fob now doesnt work and the key will not turn in the ignition. any ideas what the problem could be? apparently the key went in and out fine just a couple of hours ago! i did notice a cassette had been knocked into the player leaving the stereo on. thought the Battery might be dying which would not allow the fob to work so i have tried jumping and disconnecting the Battery already.

any advice is much appreciated as im stuck at home on my day off!

The stereo doesnt stay on when you turn the car off so that wont have drained the battery. Not sure why the key wont turn in the ignition!!

Just out if interest why didnt your friend use the buttons on the remote you know the one that says "unlock"!!!! :whistling:

shes female and doesnt have a car with a fob!

would having the barrel in the wrong position stop the fob working too?

I think I remember a problem similar to this on here awhile back.........I think it revolves around the barrel not "popping" out as it does when you remove the key. I might be right in thinking that you can't lock the car with the fob if the key is in the ignition which might be the case if the barrel is still pushed a bit. Try making sure that with the key removed from the ignition that the barrel is level and not pushed in.

Keith

The stereo doesnt stay on when you turn the car off so that wont have drained the battery. Not sure why the key wont turn in the ignition!!

Just out if interest why didnt your friend use the buttons on the remote you know the one that says "unlock"!!!! :whistling:

shes female and doesnt have a car with a fob!

would having the barrel in the wrong position stop the fob working too?

probably as the fob wont work if the keys are in the ignition and switched to acc

it sounds like the ignition lock is stuck in the ACC position the same same happened to me ages ago - firstly it is not her fault as the key can not be removed from the ignition lock until it is in the off position - the barrel has a fault that has just happened to occur now.

have a read of these and u should be alright until u get a replacement lock barrel to fit your existing key from a dealer - think its about £85 and takes about 10 days- the other and far more expensive option is to gt a key and lock set.

Yo may get told you can not get a replacement barrel cut to fit your existing key but this is not true as I have had a replacement made as well as another user on this site.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=7162

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...?showtopic=7960

good luck

have you tried putting the key in just to make sure the ignition is definately in the off position, then recharge the car battery..?

you can see if the barrel is in the off position so no need to put key in... if the barrel is stuck in the ACC position then using the key achieves nothing

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links