Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Wheel Drive... Fun Or Not?

Fugu

Whereabouts mate, usually travel there on an annual basis - been going since I was a very young lad :)

Jamie

i live in plympton which is just outside of plymouth, but the rest of my family live near the city center in an area called stoke.

Dillans!!! That's the one on Union St right - on the Octagon? Great shish kebabs in there - though not been in years!

I'm a Plymouth lad myself, in case you couldn't guess... Used to live in Plympton (just off Vicarage Lane in fact) and grew up out at Heybrook Bay, on the coast overlooking the Sound.

One of the main reasons I bought this car was cos its RWD and cos it’s a Tezza it got a limited slip diff (LSD) not sure about the IS200 tho

I picked it up Friday and Monday and it was raining and it was the first time in a year I arrived at work early and I had the biggest smile on my face.

I cant wait till the winter 

But again Im coming from a 200SX with 300 BHP and not traction.

Driving RWD is all about throttle control you need to be sooth whilst cornering

Sudden jabs at the go pedal will make the car lurch and transfer the cars weight form front to back!

Usually the car can push and under steer but if keaped planted will beak traction and then in to power over steer.

Letting off the throttle quick here and counter steering will cause the car to SNAP back into line but can snap back quick enough to flick out the other way even faster then you will be off :( the trick here is to be smooth on the controls and bring gently with out panicking

Again with decelerating smoothly off the juice smoothly and very smoothly on the breaks if you really need to kill some speed

Sudden movements here will cause the weight to shift forward and the back to step out (snap over steer)

You will need to get the back checked real quick but not to much so it comes back in fast as it will want to flick out the other way even faster then you will be off ! :( :(

My only advice is to practice it in varying grip conditions

Get on a drift day and learn to control it

either that or don’t drive it to fast for the road conditions !

sorry if im telling any of you lot to stuff you know just thought it may help some people keep their cars on the road !

Hell, we could have a Devon / Cornwall meet if you all came down the same time

I am close to you Fugu so probably wave at each other some time when I am visiting the father in law in Plympton

Was on Marsh Mills yesterday at 5 pm, what a lot of fun that is ,,,,,,,,,,, not

Have you ever seen traffic lights change as quick as they do ?

Hell, we could have a Devon / Cornwall meet if you all came down the same time

I am close to you Fugu so probably wave at each other some time when I am visiting the father in law in Plympton

Was on Marsh Mills yesterday at 5 pm, what a lot of fun that is ,,,,,,,,,,, not

Have you ever seen traffic lights change as quick as they do ?

marsh mills can either be a blessing or a desaster! if you ever see my grey lex around gizza beep.

Dillan's - yup, on Union Street :) ......... Of all places lol :lol: They make the best special kebabs in the whole world hahaha!

Speaking of lights changing quick...... I once followed a trail to a local "cruise" - didn't turn out to be the type I expected. Ended up thankfully speaking to an ex-copper before I made it to 'Devil's Point'......... Yes, I tell the truth in that I had no idea what went on there :)

Jamie

my mate had an is200 sport with Yoko AVS sport tyres :tsktsk: ...

one of the most hand full cars i have driven in the wet and dont even get me started about the Snow...

Well the LSD cerntainly is the best in my opnion.

RWD cars are fun, if u know how to drive them.

it needs a LSD !

RWD = big :):):):)

i prefer the TSC off as the other day the back stepped out i checked it and was about to bring it back in under control

and the the TSC cut in the car griped and sent me in the direction i was pointing (towards the roundabout)

i didnt like that !!

if haddent cut in i would have held my line and been off on my merry way with a grin !!

iv heard about this problem with my mates supe !

any one else had this ???

its taken me about 4mins to read you post merlin..... shes too distracting

the back end came out on me recently...

i was doing a u-turn on a very wide road [a4 by earls court], i had to rush the move so i gave a little bit more gas, and as i was going round... the back came right out...

no idea what to do, i just did what came naturally.. i steered the other way, then when the back straightened out, i was pointing towards the other side of the road, quick steering to get me back in line.

was loads of fun, and showed off a bit, but i would love to have known _exactly_ what to do.

anyone know of any open grass/tarmac, i can practice on?

its taken me about 4mins to read you post merlin..... shes too distracting

the back end came out on me recently...

i was doing a u-turn on a very wide road [a4 by earls court], i had to rush the move so i gave a little bit more gas, and as i was going round... the back came right out...

no idea what to do, i just did what came naturally.. i steered the other way, then when the back straightened out, i was pointing towards the other side of the road, quick steering to get me back in line.

was loads of fun, and showed off a bit, but i would love to have known _exactly_ what to do.

anyone know of any open grass/tarmac, i can practice on?

I do love the twins :):)

i think the main thing is getting use to feeling and knowing when the back starts to slide

if your not use to it it can get to far out to be controled then its just stop the car as safely as you can

grass drift is ok but not overly realistic !

open tarmac areas are better but dont just do doughnuts!

i have been up to a local airfield on occasion (with a vaild permision) and had a play there before !

just keep encoraging the back to slide and get use to it !

BUT PLEASE KEEP IT SAFE GUYS !!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links