Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Repost From Audio Forum Re. Installers For Vais Ipod Kits In London

Figured I would post in this forum as well. Though I think the general Audio forum gets more traffic

I'm considering picking up SL2i (KIT) from VAIS to install in my Lexus RX400 and was looking for some recommendations for some reputable shops in or around the London area to install it. Have contacted VAIS and they will ship the unit to the UK.

Am considering installing myself as I've done a few basic stereo, amp, installs as a teen-ager (many moons ago). Though honestly would prefere to go the professional route as I don't have the tools or familiarity w/ removing stereos/panels w/ the Lexus.

Thanks,

Dave

NEWS FLASH!! Actually contacted my Lexus dealer and they said they have just received ipod integration kits from Lexus for new Lexus models and that they will install for 200GBP. Having it installed on Thursday will let the board know how it goes.

Figured I would post in this forum as well. Though I think the general Audio forum gets more traffic

I'm considering picking up SL2i (KIT) from VAIS to install in my Lexus RX400 and was looking for some recommendations for some reputable shops in or around the London area to install it. Have contacted VAIS and they will ship the unit to the UK.

Am considering installing myself as I've done a few basic stereo, amp, installs as a teen-ager (many moons ago). Though honestly would prefere to go the professional route as I don't have the tools or familiarity w/ removing stereos/panels w/ the Lexus.

Thanks,

Dave

I've just ordered the vaistech unit from cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk and am going to have a go at fitting it myself. The chap said he had fitted a few and it was a 15 minute job for him (maybe an hour for me?).

He seemed to think the toyota/lexus ipod adapter is only for 2006 (mp3) type systems.

I will let you know how I get on using the instructions that come with it and the instructions from this board.

Is that 200quid for fitting and the unit or just the labour with unit on top?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links