Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Got Me An Ls400 :)

Hi folks, newbie here (to this forum at least).

Just thought I'd say... I've only just joined the Lexus ownership experience, with an elderly (1994) LS400, in great nick for the money. 150k miles, service stamps (Lexus & then independent) upto about 140k miles, running at 160k now. All the toys work, with the exception of the heated seats (boo! - anyone know what's likely to be wrong? The lights come on, but the seats don't get warm).

Tomorrow, I start the 900 mile drive to Spain, where the car & I will be spending winter :whistling:

Will post some photos once out there, in the sunshine... after a good clean & polish...

(PS: This is the one I bought: 200158034255 - I'm not convinced the number plate is worth anything like 500 quid, though!)

Car looks fine, and a real bargain for the dosh.

Probably the seat-heater element has burned out. And more likely the one under the bum (other one is in the backrest). At bottom of seat are two screws, which allow you to detach the seat back and fish out the elements.

Spending winter in a warmer clime? You're a clever chap, methinks.

One question Jelly bean are these elements expensive cos i think all mine are burnt out. Where are they located?

Cheers amego!!

See previous reply! (One to sit on, one to lean back on...)

Dunno how much they cost as mine (driver's seat squab-one) was fixed under warranty. If they charge £100 for a bonnet strut, I'd be almost afraid to ask.

Adiós!

RAV 4 Would have been worth something! I think you had a good buy, if the seats are the only thing not working.I never use mine, The Heater is more than adequate for me. You might get a couple of hundred pounds for the plate. It looks a very nice car though, I wish you loads of luck with it! regards djdon

Donde es en Espana, Scouse? (That's just to check to see if you speak Spanish!)

You're making me think I should follow suit. Lived there for a while in 93 (and am from Liverpool) The way life is going here, business wise, think I may just retire and do a bit of touring around Andalucia.

(Where in Spain? is what it says above..... :whistling: )

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Well, 2000 miles on, she's going great guns :)

No more pics yet, as I've not washed her (and she's very dusty....) must get around to that soon. Maybe...

The only issues on my trip were, shortly after getting off the boat, the "radiator low" light came on. Cue much cursing, don't remember seeing any water leaks, etc. However, a pitstop later, no sign of any water loss (I managed to squeeze about 50ml into the tank). The light continued to come on & off for another 300 miles or so, then went out & hasn't come on again since.... water level has been fine throughout...

Nothing else serious, although there is a bit of a whine from under the bonnet; I suspect maybe a pulley bearing is making some noise. It doesn't seem to be particularly excessive, however, so I don't plan to worry about it just yet.

Well glad I bought one!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links