Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extended Warranties

My 51 reg RX 300 SE is out of dealer warranty in December. Lexus have offered me a 12 month extension to the warranty for £825 including UK and European roadside and home assistance and recovery. No price for a 2nd years extension.

Listers, from whom I bought the car at Lexus Worcester have offered me 1 year for £785, 2yrs for £1145 or 3 yrs for £1625. Their warranty is administered by Car Care Plan. Includes UK only roadside and home assistance and recovery. Car has now covered 73,000 miles and I am really pleased with it. I intend to keep it for another 3 years by which time I expect to have covered 110,000 to 120,000 miles.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Lexus Warranty is limited to 7 years (age) or 100k (miles) - whichever comes first. The Lexus Warranty costs £825 for one year renewal or £1650 (if two years paid for in advance).

FWIW Third Party Warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on - just check the exclusions on the 'other' Warranty and the price difference isn't all that much - seeing as yo9u have the option to go with the Lexus one or the 'other'.

If you really want a Warranty stick with the Lexus - else save your money and keep your fingers crossed ;)

Lexus Warranty is limited to 7 years (age) or 100k (miles) - whichever comes first. The Lexus Warranty costs £825 for one year renewal or £1650 (if two years paid for in advance).

FWIW Third Party Warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on - just check the exclusions on the 'other' Warranty and the price difference isn't all that much - seeing as yo9u have the option to go with the Lexus one or the 'other'.

If you really want a Warranty stick with the Lexus - else save your money and keep your fingers crossed ;)

That's what Im tempted to do.

Thanks for the reply

I must admit that i always go for the "fingers crossed" option.

My RX300SE is now 5 years old with 130k on the clock. Cheap as chips running on lpg with no problems whatsoever, apart from a throttle cable in the last few years.

I would probably go for a warrantee which covered alloy wheels as i am getting fed up paying for those. I have never has a car before where the tyres last longer than the wheels!!!!.

SJT

generally Lexus are pretty bomb proof so I doubt you would need it.

That sounds a lot for just 1 year extra, you could get a pre-paid service plan for 3 yrs for that!!

If something does go wrong, it would have to be fairly big to cost that much to fix it, even at Lexus prices!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links