Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, Not New, Just An Old Boy Returning Home.

Well I had my beautiful IS200SE for 3 years (03 plate, company car) and loved every minute. Changed jobs and got a Merc C220 with the job. Automatic, very comfy but no fun. Then I moved to a Beemer 318D M Sport so no power but lots of M badges. Nice drive, not fast but still got me a few extra DVLA points - oops.

Any how... I had the BMW for a year and it's time for a change.

So I just had to come back to Lexus.

Just placed an order for a new IS220D. No extras, just the stock car (own car, not company now). They reckon 10-14 days, can't wait.

So hello to you all, I'm back (Not that anyone would remember me I'm sure)!

Any reason why you went for the diesel?

Mileage. Just mileage.

The Merc was my first diesel. I was surprised at the performsnace and the mpg. The BMW consistently gives 44-48 as an average (Or so says the system!) and I could easily get 54-57 motorway cruising on a long run. Last year a 1000 mile round trip to the Vendee in France returned 53mpg.

The old IS was giving me 28-29. But someone else (the company) was paying for the fuel!

Longer between trips to the petrol station, better economy...

Mileage. Just mileage.

Welcome back. You may want to scan the forum for feedback on the 220D before it's too late :whistling:

Mileage. Just mileage.

Welcome back. You may want to scan the forum for feedback on the 220D before it's too late :whistling:

There you go again!

There you go again!

It's a toss up between caravans and 220D's :angry: , although stick a caravan on the back of a 220D and I'd have something to have a real grump about :lol:

Hi mate - welcome back....words of warning....I know you were getting mid 50's on a Run in the Beemer, but you'll get mid 40's at best in the 220d, less to start with!!

I would strongly recommend that you take a Demo on a long drive...one that's got a few thousand miles on it, and on a run that you do in the current car. Compare them really really well...

Thanks for all the advice. I appreciate the mpg will not be as good. Shame but never mind.

Well, she arrived yesterday.

No sign of the rattles, or shaky mirror yet. But then I haven't really driven her yet.

She looks good and my wife and daughter like her!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links