Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk3 Ls400 Battery Going Flat Issues

hi

i havent had my LS400 long - I bought a brand new Battery last sunday and fitted it - the car has been standing outside all week and i had not started it - Friday morning at 6am the alarm goes off - got up and switched it off - decided to look into the problem at the weekend. On saturday morning i went to start it and the Battery was totally flat - no dash lights either!! oh dear this got me worried.

Anyway took the Battery out and put it on charge - put it in this morning - started it up everyting as normal - so i thought i would start by look at the abvious things i.e wether any lights were staying on etc - I have found that when the igntion is switched off - the phone still stays on!! im not sure wether that is right? So what i need to know guys is should the phone be wired like this that it stays on all the time - common sense says surely not? - i had a BMW before and the phone used to switch off - secondly would the phone alone be enough to completely drain the Battery in 5 days? Obviously if the answer to questions 2 is yes then my worry is over - if NO then i will need to investigate further to see if there is a short somewhere.

Also above the rear doors there are 2 reading lights on each side - one switches on via the button - where as the other one doesnt switch on at all - should the second one come on when the door is opened ( the front on is set to "door")

any advice on any of the matters will be very much appreciated

and lastly guys just below my name it sys "warn 0%" - what does that mean??

regards

miq

Hi,

The Battery should not be going flat over such a short period of time,mine starts easily even when left at the airport car park for 15 days.

The phone I would have thought should have a switched supply controlled from the accessories switched supply.

The other thing that needs to be checked is the current drain on the Battery when the car is stood.

Here's a link to the Toyota training manual on Battery maintainance and checking proceedures.

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h6.pdf

If you need to borrow a meter let me know and I can loan you one for the postage there and back ( or they are now fairly cheap to buy)

Just remember to take the usual precautions when disconnecting the Battery to do the test ( radio code,alarm etc).

Finally the "warn 0%" means you have not breached any forum rules I think it is the moderators system of telling you to behave if you posted something iffy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links