Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Slowly Topping Myself With Ac On

Grambie

Hi, I have a dilemma with my AC unit (and only the AC unit).

Whilst driving with the AC switched on, I can smell exhaust gases (and no doubt CO) getting into the cabin. If I turn the AC off, and use the recirc fan or freshair fans, no problem. I'm pretty certain that there is no smell with the heater on either.

Has anyone had anything similar or does anyone understand this circuit a little better than me and can attempt to guess where the ingress is occurring. I have looked in the engine bay with the car idling, but can't see/feel any emmissions from the pipes.

Fortunately, there isn't much call for AC at this time of year.

Please help, I haven't even written my goodbye note yet :sick:

the AC air is drawn in from exactly the same place as the air when u have AC off - air goes thru virtually the same routing so it is not a prob of the AC drawing in exhaust gasses.

are you 100% sure it is exhaust - get a CO indicator - put it in the car and see what happens with AC on.

Personally i doubt it is exhaust fumes unless u have rigged a pipe from the exhaust back into the cabin :P

oh you should also use the aircon in winter - it helps to de mist the windscreen quickly and ensures the system keeps working by keeping the seals lubricated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links