Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Brake Calipers

Hi

Just wanted to add my view on customer service.

I am currently on my second lexus, an IS300, and due to the long list of problems and the very poor service from dealers I will not be buying another.

One good point is that I did have my calipers replaced under warranty which I was pleased about.

At my 10000 mile service however I pointed out to the dealer that my alloys were corroding - they said they would swap them for new ones under warranty - when I got the car back the wheels are actually reconditioned ones. I am very very angry - it is my first brand new car and I don't expect it to have second hand wheels on it just because Lexus cannot produce wheels that do not corrode.

My main problem however is the gearbox - the car jerks and thumbs into second gear. I have been trying to get the problem sorted for months, it is currently in the hands of the customer care department but I am not confident they will be able to resolve the problem.

I am so dissapointed that I am off to the local Saab garage this afternoon to look at the new 9-3 turbo - it looks very good on the website and is fast than an IS300

Jon

One good point is that I did have my calipers replaced under warranty which I was pleased about.

John

sorry to hear about your problems.

very interested in the fact you had your calipers replaced.

If you don't mind - can I ask you to send me your details (name, address, car reg, dealer etc) in a pm to me?

Clearly, if Lexus have replaced thee before, then I am interested as to when they decided to down grade their level of warranty work.

From the earlier threads on this topic elsewhere on this forum (eg. this thread) it's clear that others have also had their brake calipers replaced under warranty (i.e. they paid nothing) for this same "cosmetic" issue. This inconsistent teatment bugs me too, but when I highlighted this to Lexus Customer Service UK they just responded that they have to go on "the description of the problem as highlighted by the dealer that agreed to replace them". In other words, it appears that if you're lucky enough to get a dealer who looks at your calipers and says, "Hmm, that's not right - I'll replace them " then you're in luck as perhaps his formal warranty claim just said "calipers were corroded" or something similar, and without seeing them the dealer's word is apparently accepted. These dual standards are just not good enough from a company like Lexus.

I really thought that by sending my photos to them, once they saw how bad mine were after only 9000 miles they'd surely agree this was not acceptable degradation for such a quality marque - but apparently not! <_<

This seems to be typical of companies that rise to the top. They get complacent and then feel that because they are now selling in larger quantities they no longer have to worry about customer care.

I am disgusted to hear that sometimes they will do it, and others they will not. Especially as they do it for the wheels!! Come on Lexus, sort out yourselves, otherwise in the next JD Power survey you will be bottom of the pile.

My calipers all round look peppered with white marks and was hoping to get them changed at the next service. I will still ask and hope they do it. If not then will make dissatisfaction clear.

Why is it all other car manufacturers can make alloys that do not corrode and callipers that also do not corrode. Wonder if Japanese cars have same issues?

Maybe we could sue Lexus for false advertising on their website when they give the sell that they care and are good at customer satisfaction! They are blatently not!

if they don't sort themselves out, maybe all of us will end up changing cars. The fact that people can spend thier own time setting up sites like these in devotion to the cars they love, must indicate how much people like the cars. Time to give something back Lexus, we paid good money for a top notch motor, help us out.

Rant over :angry::angry::sad::mellow:

There is a lot being said about getting LEXUS GB to replace

callipers under warranty and peeps being disillusioned about

dealers,my car is still under warranty and the callipers look

s**t but rather than go through the hassle of nagging my

dealer to do it under warranty and for the money it costs

to paint them, about a tenner with LOC stickers

(looks far better anyway)and enhances the car no end i took

the decisionto do just that.I understand peeps wanting to take

that course of action but for me i could do without the agro.

no sense in getting frustrated just want an easy life.

THIS IS MY PERSONAL VIEW dont attack me to much

Pete :D

1 - Do your IS brake calipers look like this?

they were starting to develop the white spots

2 - Have you taken this up with your dealer?

I didn't take it up with my dealer - he mentioned it.

3 - If you have what was the response.

they were replaced ( all 4 calipers BTW) without question - thats why I always used them for anything

Thankyou D & C - you know who you are!!!!!

1 - Do your IS brake calipers look like this?

they were starting to develop the white spots

2 - Have you taken this up with your dealer?

I didn't take it up with my dealer - he mentioned it.

3 - If you have what was the response.

they were replaced ( all 4 calipers BTW) without question - thats why I always used them for anything

Thankyou D & C - you know who you are!!!!!

Rob

I am collating details of people who have had this work doen under warranty.

The reason for this is to approach Lexus and say "You replaced the calipers, under warranty for Mr X, Mrs Y and Dr Z - why won't you replace mine?"

would you be interested in sharing your personal details (full name, reg plate, name of dealer who did work)?

If you pm it to me, I'll add you to the "list" - I promise that I will never publish this list in the open, so your personal details will be safe, but I do intend to share it (privately) with other owners who are having the same problem.

what do you think mate?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links