Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Warranty

nitro

Hi guys,

looking at car warranties and that, which do you recommend?

I have seen motoreasy and warranty direct.

My cambelt is due to be replaced. The policy states that timing belts are covered provided that they have been changed in accordance with the manufacturers schedules. Does this mean i can take out a policy for car warranty and go get my timing belt changed for free?

also i want to get rid of this known problem of judder with the clutch. apparently changing the clutch will sort this out. will i be able to do this under the warranty as well?

canbelt change will not be coverd as all it states is within manufacturers schedules ,meaning if it fails they will pay for damage it causes etc as long as you have had belt done within lexus service intervals . also doubt clutch will be covered as they see it as a consumable part and not useally covered .try the AA for warranty.

Hi guys,

looking at car warranties and that, which do you recommend?

I have seen motoreasy and warranty direct.

My cambelt is due to be replaced. The policy states that timing belts are covered provided that they have been changed in accordance with the manufacturers schedules. Does this mean i can take out a policy for car warranty and go get my timing belt changed for free?

also i want to get rid of this known problem of judder with the clutch. apparently changing the clutch will sort this out. will i be able to do this under the warranty as well?

Of course not. When it says 'timing belts are covered provided that they have been changed in accordance with the manufacturers schedules' then it means that if you have it changed, and it then subsequently fails before it is due to be changed again, then you will be covered for the engine damage that will inevitably result. It does not mean they will carry out routine maintenance work for you.

Clutches are considered consumable parts, so they won't cover that either.

Personally, I don't buy warranty schemes. Like any form of insurance, they exist primarily to make money for the people selling the scheme because the policy prices will be set to be above the average cost per year of a given type of car. Having just got a quote from motoreasy, it seems they want £447 annually for their full cover option for my GS, which still only provides £5k of cover. I think I would be rather unlucky to have that much go wrong, so I'll keep my £447 in a savings account. After just three years I'll be able to pay an unexpected bill for £1400 without skipping the mortgage that month - and if it doesn't go wrong, I'll be quids in and laughing all the way to the bank.

i have a warrenty with warrenty direct at the moment. The quote is £225 for the year on my 2001 is200 sport. However i am paying monthly:

I bought the warrenty as i was slightly dubious about the car when i bought it in july. It had the last three service stamps from the guy who sold it to me's garage and the air filter was filthy when i bought it even though it was serviced in january and it had only covered 500-1000miles by the time i bought it. I would have got an RAC check done but it drove well and the check costs the same as a years warranty. I'm only paying monthly however as i am going to cancel the policy once its cleared its first service and mot in january. I also need the cambelt changing, but knew the warranty wouldnt cover.

ed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links