Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Practical Car For Two & Good Price?

Maybe SC

Hi folk, I am, at present running a 2006 MeganeCC 2.0T. Absolutely no problems with the car, but I would like something a bit more rewarding to own and drive. Been looking at 350 SLK, Boxster S and, of course the SC!. My wife is not keen on an out and out sports car and to be fair I'm not after a track day car, or even anything to madly hurtle around the country lanes in. So on the face of it the SC seems to fit the bill. I'm a bit concerned about the negative comments on ride quality and the reported lack of luggage space. This will be our main car (for the two of us) so I don't want to get one and then find it is not practical. So I would welcome your comments on ownership. Also there is a 2006 SC for sale @£32K with 17000 mls. This seems good value to me and I intend to check it out asap. Again your views would be welcome. Thanks.

Guest inicol63

Hi i also looked at the same vehicle's before buying my SC.

Lets give you my veiws

Bad bits

Change wheels from run flat as the run flats dont give the best ride i went up a size and remove ecu so no furture worrys on sensors.

Remember that each wheel has a sensor £130 each plus fitting to replace when sensors break down.

Check boot struts,

Check dvd Sat Nav is up to date, around £130 min up grade from web site Lexus want a lot more.

O2 SENSORS on exhust these are £350 each my need four after 4-5 years into car life.

Some people get a sqeek coming from the rear seat area nothing to worry about.

Good

The boot and back seats offer quite generous sizes for this kind of car but not the seat's unless your a small framed person.

Both myself and my wife love our car, cant say why we just do, you just get so use to it and enjoy driving it.

Plenty of power sould you require it.

You get lots of looks in the summer.

The car is so well loaded that you dont need any extra's.

These cars dont go wrong and we have had ours all over Europe, went to Switzerland earlier this year

MINE RETURNS 23 MPG not bad if you put that against 28 mpg on our IS200 AUTO.

Overall

Great car, I beleive we made the right choice may look to update mine very soon or change to something different.

Ian

TBH the SC has a huge boot. Much bigger then a BMW 3 series (that was my last car) Its just when you have the roof in then yes its small. But Ive still can get a weeks shopping in with the roof down.. me and the missies dont eat much :D

Theres very few convertibles you can fit an adult in the back comfortably

vlcsnap-611744.png

Just have to watch out you dont get caught

vlcsnap-612444.png

The boot is very large and deep as there is no spare.

Even with the roof down I've had a good size cool box, 2 carrier bags, 2 fold up chairs and a couple of blankets in the boot when going to the beach - my brothers 911 convertible had no room for chairs or an ice box... :whistling:

The later cars have had revisions to the suspension and don't have run flats. I would test it for yourself and make your own mind up.

For me its the effortless silent drive, huge mid range torque, class interior, build quality and rarity that makes it a winner.

You really dont need to thrash this car as you go alot quicker than you realise anyway... :winky:

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback, but this one is now off the list. Ridiculous boot and back seat and in the words of my dearest a rather tacky looking lot of wood! To be fair I was always keener than she was, she loves our Meg CC. I, however, love the V8 bit of the SC! Maybe the tintop BMW will be our next. Enjoy your cars, cheers! :rolleyes:

TBH your right its not a practical single car, if I had to have only one car it would be a transit van so I could just chuck stuff in it.

I often get asked how I keep mine so clean, I say thats easy I dont use it.. it sits in the garage :)

Good luck with your search.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links