Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My leccy aerial doesn't retract - it makes all the noises, inc trying to adjust it's length for signal strengths, is this eBay item a suitable replacement? I know I can dismantle it and maybe repair it but I can't be bothered after 35 years of dicking around in car oil and muck - part time of course, but still..

Item is 300184508423

I got a bulb out on the climate control and the console ones on the gear selector - saw a good thread for that tho.

My CD changer is hit-or-miss, the seller said don't close the door so what did I do? - I closed the door. Prised it open sucessfully along with the eject button, so now I have broken the eject button. Switch is fine, button is broke.......

Still works tho - after a fashion, I only have 10 magazines and the last two (11 and 12) don't seem to work if I move them around. No biggie tho.

Are the door mirrors manually foldable? Mine don't seem to want to move.

Why don't the rear door lights come on with the front door being opened?

Looked at my rear tyres, they look awfully flat. Have'nt done the pressures yet - tmrw - but just visually they look very low. Or is that the supendous weight! Wonder if this might be the cause of my wallowing side to side lurch on bends when the box is changing...

Key fob. Is it possible to get a key with the buttons combined? Aftermarket? I miss that from my previous car, I'm a few things as possible on my key ring type of guy. Right now I got two keys, a key loss plaque thing, the fob and a fob for the security parking at work. Also can the alarm/cl fob be reset to flash the lights or chirp? Mine does neither - sick of doing the door handle walk!

My Battery looks tiny - 47a/hr is that to spec?

Oh, and my boot lid seems awfully heavy - springs or dampers? Bonnet is spot on tho!

Sorry - lot of questions, just getting into the car now!

It's a GS300 Mk1, Legato 1997 btw - must put in my sig.....

My leccy aerial doesn't retract - it makes all the noises, inc trying to adjust it's length for signal strengths, is this Ebay item a suitable replacement? I know I can dismantle it and maybe repair it but I can't be bothered after 35 years of dicking around in car oil and muck - part time of course, but still..

Item is 300184508423

I guess that one would fit, I would be inclined to get just the mast though (available on ebay). I'm not sure if the one you posted would adjust at frequencies and stuff like that. I bought two masts from America on eBay which worked out at about £20 delivered. Means I have a spare in the boot incase mine gets snapped again.

I got a bulb out on the climate control and the console ones on the gear selector - saw a good thread for that tho.

Yeah, an easy fix. AC Bulbs

My CD changer is hit-or-miss, the seller said don't close the door so what did I do? - I closed the door. Prised it open sucessfully along with the eject button, so now I have broken the eject button. Switch is fine, button is broke.......

Still works tho - after a fashion, I only have 10 magazines and the last two (11 and 12) don't seem to work if I move them around. No biggie tho.

Bad timing, there was a changer unit that ended earlier today on eBay for a MK1 GS.

Are the door mirrors manually foldable? Mine don't seem to want to move.

Mine do fold manually.

Why don't the rear door lights come on with the front door being opened?

That annoys me too, I'm going to try and sort that, I'll let you know the details once I'm done.

Looked at my rear tyres, they look awfully flat. Have'nt done the pressures yet - tmrw - but just visually they look very low. Or is that the supendous weight! Wonder if this might be the cause of my wallowing side to side lurch on bends when the box is changing...

If the tyres are 225/55 R16, the pressures listed in the manual are

Recommended cold inflation pressures:

More that 100mph with vehicle loaded up to vehicle capacity weight

Front: 44psi

Rear: 50psi

More than 100mph with up to four occupants

Front: 35psi

Rear: 36psi

100mph or less with vehicle loaded up to vehicle capacity weight

Front: 35psi

Rear: 36psi

100mph or less with up to four occupants

Front: 32psi

Rear: 32psi

Key fob. Is it possible to get a key with the buttons combined? Aftermarket? I miss that from my previous car, I'm a few things as possible on my key ring type of guy. Right now I got two keys, a key loss plaque thing, the fob and a fob for the security parking at work. Also can the alarm/cl fob be reset to flash the lights or chirp? Mine does neither - sick of doing the door handle walk!

My indicators flash when the alarm is armed, a quick flash for the first press of the button and a longer flash if you press the button a second time to disable the interior detectors. No chirping though. I've not noticed any combined key/remotes for the MK1 unless you get a non factory alarm set up. Doesn't mean there aren't any, just not seen any when I've looked around.

My battery looks tiny - 47a/hr is that to spec?

Mine has a 70 AH Battery fitted.

Oh, and my boot lid seems awfully heavy - springs or dampers? Bonnet is spot on tho!

Yeah, my boot is heavy (has a rear spoiler fitted too. I might try some dampers on mine.

console ones on the gear selector -

I had the gear selector illumination out yesterday as the "Park" end was out. Bizarely, they have one R287 bulb (like a miniature R501 push fit bulb) at one end of the selector (the drive end) and a bulb similar to the air con bulbs at the park end. Why on earth they went for two different styles I'll never know. Luckily I had a spare bulb out of the air con panel left over so just needed to pull the green dobber off the bulb and put it in. I was in Lexus the on friday asking about the bulbs for the selector and it only listed one, the R287 type bulb, showed no other bulb on the diagram so no idea what the official part number is for the bayonet bulb/holder.

Hi

On the question of the boot, when you flip the boot release the boot should unlock and pop up a touch.

Mine was very heavy again with spoiler and it only had a single knackered gas strut.

I sourced some replacement struts from the States, one for each side and it know works as originally intended by Lexus.

Hope this is of help.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

On the question of the boot, when you flip the boot release the boot should unlock and pop up a touch.

Mine was very heavy again with spoiler and it only had a single knackered gas strut.

I sourced some replacement struts from the States, one for each side and it know works as originally intended by Lexus.

Hope this is of help.

Hi I have the same problem with my boot, it doesn't move at all when you flip the release (and i haven't even got a spoiler). When you say you sourced the dampers from the States was it through LOC USA or somewhere else. Also what was the cost and how difficult are they to fit?

Thanks.

Can I add a Yes please to more information on these struts. The boot lid on mine is in my opinion, Dangerous! The thing will cut you arm off if you make the mistake of dropping it......

New struts will no doubt make a big difference.

Thanks!

Tony (GS300 Sport)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links