Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Mk3 Cream Leather Seats And Seatbelt - What Would U Do?

hi

my drivers is a bit worn and looks a bit dirty so (me being a perfectionist) im looking around to see what would be the best way round it:

do i take it to the trimmers

do i do it myself using a kit such as buffalo kit

or do i buy seat covers from www.seatcovers.com

Also my seat belt is dirty and doesnt wind back up again - i have rang the dealer and they reckon they can supply the seatbelt with the winding mechanism for £47 - i personally thought this was very cheap but the partsman insisted he was right! - so has anybody ever replaced their seatbelt - if so is it easy ??

any help and opinions will be greatly appreciated

regards

miq

hi

my drivers is a bit worn and looks a bit dirty so (me being a perfectionist) im looking around to see what would be the best way round it:

Also my seat belt is dirty and doesnt wind back up again - i have rang the dealer and they reckon they can supply the seatbelt with the winding mechanism for £47 - i personally thought this was very cheap but the partsman insisted he was right! - so has anybody ever replaced their seatbelt - if so is it easy ??

regards

miq

Miq.

I tried the buffalo kit and found it almost impossible to get the colour match (regardless what they tell you) besides it looked like it was painted on. Fortunately for me it was the centre copnsole armrest and gearknob that were looking tatty so I took them both off and after a good clean with acetone re sprayed them using Magix Leather Dye, the shade was slightly different, but as I did both the gear knob and arm rest together it really wasn't an issue and months later it's still looking as good as the day it was sprayed. I don't know how it would fair up on the seats but it may be something worth considering. Failing that get it professionally done as you'll regret using the Bufaloo kit for sure.

hi

regards

miq

Try www.furnitureclinic.co.uk in Gateshead - 0191 482 6112

hi

regards

miq

thanks for your replies guys - i have made my mind up not to go for these quick fix kits - instead it will either be a replacement seat which is around im going to look into retrim options - the thing is if im going to go through the expense and hassle of a re-trim then i would rather reaplace the heated seat elements - dpes anybody know if these are available on their own as replacement parts??

regards

miq

• 1 month later...
hi

regards

miq

thanks for your replies guys - i have made my mind up not to go for these quick fix kits - instead it will either be a replacement seat which is around im going to look into retrim options - the thing is if im going to go through the expense and hassle of a re-trim then i would rather reaplace the heated seat elements - dpes anybody know if these are available on their own as replacement parts??

regards

miq

I took my Lexus to the Furniture Clinic, and they did a Spectrometre analysis of one of the head rests

They matched up the dye colour based upon this with a little tweaking .

I bought a kit for £40 which included the paint , leather prep fluid, alcohol cleaner, top coat finisher, scrubber, cloths, a hobby air brush kit and a canister of "air propellant", plus comprehensive instructions.

This weekend I distmantled my centre armrst which was totally shabby and worn, and refurbished it.

At first I was a little apprehensive, but the result was absolutely brilliant, and the colur match excellent.

I am now going to top up the quntities and refurbish the driver's seat

The colourant / dye is water based, and the airbrush so easy to clean

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links