Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Real Mpg Versus The Computer

Hi All,

I did a round of 263 miles yesterday with a mixture of motorways, A roads and (annoyingly) got caught up in the rush hour's crawling traffic for over an hour.

The car drove well,. I drove pretty gently, not an economy run in lane 1 by any means, I kept up with the traffic flow in lane 3 and as mentioned above I did get stuck in a load of traffic; equally I didn't use any heavy kickdown and kept below 3k revs. I was pretty pleased with the 26.8MPG showing on the computer for "Average Tank" only to be pretty disappointed with the REAL tank to tank figure of 24.2MPG.

Still not bad though! Has anyone else noticed their computer is way off the mark? Did Lexus build this in to make us feel good? lol

FUel consumption figures provided by the computers within cars are generally optimistic. Think of it as a guideline, rather than 100% true. You will always find more accurate figures when calculating fuel consumption yourself.

Hi Steve

I had an LS400 1996 (Jap import), didnt have a trip computer on it but on a very similar drive I was getting around 25mpg so it sounds like yours is spot on.

As for the seat, I'm surprised you cant get a decent driving position. I'm 6'2" and had loads of head room. You can lower the rear of the cushion aswell as the front using the control that adjusts the forward / back of the whole seat. Just push down on either end of that control for lowering front or rear, thats assuming yours is the same, which I imagine it is as I've now got a 2005 LS430 and it has the same adjustment. You probably already new this but just in case.

Cheers

Glenn

Hi All,

I did a round trip to Sheffield yesterday, 263 miles with a mixture of motorways, A roads and (annoyingly) got caught up in the Sheffield rush hour's crawling traffic for over an hour.

The car drove well, the cushion on the driver's seat seems very "bouncy"; I do wonder whether a spring has gone in the seat and it drives me mad that I can't get a driving position where my head doesn't brush on the roof (Note to self - Check this out before buying another!).

I drove pretty gently, not an economy run in lane 1 by any means, I kept up with the traffic flow in lane 3 and as mentioned above I did get stuck in a load of traffic; equally I didn't use any heavy kickdown and kept below 3k revs. I was pretty pleased with the 26.8MPG showing on the computer for "Average Tank" only to be pretty disappointed with the REAL tank to tank figure of 24.2MPG.

Still not bad - But (like the rest of the car in my opinion) mediocre.

Has anyone else noticed their computer is way off the mark? Did Lexus build this in to make us feel good? lol

Thanks Glenn. I'm 6'3" but short in the Leg (31") and "long" from the waist up which means headroom is usually a problem where a sunroof is involved. I've tried just about every position (seat position that is) that I can think of so will just have to live with it I think.

Thanks Glenn. I'm 6'3" but short in the Leg (31") and "long" from the waist up which means headroom is usually a problem where a sunroof is involved. I've tried just about every position (seat position that is) that I can think of so will just have to live with it I think.

Hi

I'm 6'6" and have 39" legs and always have head/roof problems as well as leg problems

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links