Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 - Wind Noise - Help!

Hello, I live in Brunei, South East Asia, 2 hours from Singapore. I bought an IS300 luxury model 2007 just in january 2008. I wont describe too much about the car, but if u need the specifics, please look at www.lexus.com.bn

MY problem: At a speed of 100km/hr and above, there seems to be a windnoise coming in from the front windows, left and right. I have taken the car to be checked at LEXUS servicing department, but they cant determine where the noise is coming from. They have taped the windows and taken it for a test drive, and yet they say the noise is still there. SO, they say it isnt air leaking into teh car. But the sound I hear is like the sound of air creeping in.

Now, the lexus agents say that they have tested other IS300 cars and they hear a similar noise and they are trying to brush me off and saying that its a "normal" sound.

Any one here has any idea? Any owners hear experience the same thing? For me, its frustrating because its a brand new car and yet, the sound of "air coming in" is really irritating and i think its not normal.

I even had a comment that the sound could be from the tyres and been recommended to change from bridgestone to michelin.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Have they checked the ovbious..

ie door seals.

Think you would be better off over at the IS250/220 forum. The IS300 that this forum refers to is the first model. Your IS300 isn't even sold in Europe or the States but the basic car should be the same as the IS250. I know some of them were complaining of wind noise like you describe and they did get is fixed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links