Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

My LS430 occasionally whistles when above 80mph, it comes from the front passenger side, I think it is outside, id did find some loose trim at the lower front wing which in now screwed back on, but it is still there1

anyone had or has a similar problem.

I understand they used the same wind tunnel as the bullet(train) to get the aerodynamics's spot on, and it has a very low drag coefficient. so I would assume it should not "whistle"..lol

Alex.

I must admit, apart from the tyre rumble (I have useless Dunlop tyres on at the moment) there is no wind noise on my car at all. It might just be worth checking the door seals to make sure there isn't a tiny split which could be letting in some air.

Another thing you might want to check, and as daft as it seems, make sure all your windows are compleatly shut. My last Nissan Micra driving school car would start to whistle over time and it was due to the rear windows going down very slightly over a long period of time.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alex

I had an LS400 and it started to whistle about the same speed. I found it was the wipers. After I had replaced them, I didnt set the drivers one properlyso it was not exactly level when at home position. This caused a slight whistle. There's a screw on the link arm for the wiper that you can use to adjust it to make sure the wiper is level and therefore fully hiden by the bonnet when in its home position.

Also another think I noticed was that if I had my ventilation system on for the vents and on of the vents either in the front or back was closed I got a slight whistle, which turned out to be a leaf stuck in the input of the drivers vent so when the other vents were closed the wind was passing through the drivers vent faster causing the whistle.

Just some of my experiences.

Let me know if you find the source.

Glenn

Hi All,

My LS430 occasionally whistles when above 80mph, it comes from the front passenger side, I think it is outside, id did find some loose trim at the lower front wing which in now screwed back on, but it is still there1

I understand they used the same wind tunnel as the bullet(train) to get the aerodynamics's spot on, and it has a very low drag coefficient. so I would assume it should not "whistle"..lol

Alex.

Hi Alex

I had an LS400 and it started to whistle about the same speed. I found it was the wipers. After I had replaced them, I didnt set the drivers one properlyso it was not exactly level when at home position. This caused a slight whistle. There's a screw on the link arm for the wiper that you can use to adjust it to make sure the wiper is level and therefore fully hiden by the bonnet when in its home position.

Also another think I noticed was that if I had my ventilation system on for the vents and on of the vents either in the front or back was closed I got a slight whistle, which turned out to be a leaf stuck in the input of the drivers vent so when the other vents were closed the wind was passing through the drivers vent faster causing the whistle.

Just some of my experiences.

Let me know if you find the source.

Glenn

Hi All,

Alex.

Having previously owned an LS430 old AND new shape i can safely say that neither of them whistled. If i could hazard a guess i would suggest the door seal on the n/s/f. Fully open the passenger door and inspect the trim. Without stating the obvious, check for splits / chunks missing etc. Of course don't forget to make sure its a tight fit where it sits. Good luck my friend :whistling:

UPDATE!

just fitted new flat type wipers.. the whistle is less, but strangely moved position, it now seems to be around the front center, the wife thinks its coming from the vents, but it sounds like it is out side to me!

I do notice that I can hear more wind noise, but it is only from cross winds, I think it is because it is so quiet , in a normal car you would not be able to hear it?

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links