Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I Still Want A Lexus

Hello to all in Lexus land,

the last time i came on here was looking to get a 250/220d possibly, unfortunately at the time the Lexus was just too much of a stretch financially, so dont

shoot me i now own a Audi A3 2.0TDI SE automatic which i am happy with its 18 months old,drives well and is economical, it even has the paddles, but every time i see the sleek lines of an IS i still want one........ anyway i have decided to get one next, hopefully they will bring a new diesel unit out in the future.I will

keep reading these forums as the others are like engineers conventions! :lol:

Hello to all in Lexus land,

the last time i came on here was looking to get a 250/220d possibly, unfortunately at the time the Lexus was just too much of a stretch financially, so dont

shoot me i now own a Audi A3 2.0TDI SE automatic which i am happy with its 18 months old,drives well and is economical, it even has the paddles, but every time i see the sleek lines of an IS i still want one........ anyway i have decided to get one next, hopefully they will bring a new diesel unit out in the future.I will

keep reading these forums as the others are like engineers conventions! :lol:

Dont get too keen on a new oil burner, rumor has it Lexus is going to stop production

after all of fthe complaints, and is trying to squeeze the hybrid technology into the IS

but its struggling to fit it all into this chassis. The Battery is just to big for the car.

The choice is a boot or a Battery.

I just wish Lexus would stop mucking about. The car is great, all they need is an efficient petrol or diesel unit with CO2 of less than 150grams. That's all. It's well within their ability to make one...and all this complex engineering is a bit of a waste of time and money...

And with the ever changing emissions/congestion zone rules, it will not be long before you pay to enter a city regardless of whether it's petrol hybrid or not.

PS - I can't see here the motor and batteries would go in the current IS...I wouldn't be surprised if the rumours of the new more efficient diesel engine is true - and they just stick the other 150bhp D4D from the Avensis into the IS...

Infinity, that would be a shame if they give up on the diesel especially when from reading this forum its far from perfection, its also a huge market to write off still i will see what happens.

Thanks

Mack.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links