Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 Lights Deflectors

I am a new and delighted LS430 (2004 model) owner. I am taking it to France, Normandy, next month.

Can anyone share their experience of using Light deflectors on the High Intensity Discharge bulbs on this model. Can the light deflectors do any damage to the light covers?

Also am considering updating the 2003 version of the Satnat disc, is it worth it for around £150? I am advise the latest version came out Oct 2007.

Incidently,I was amazed to find that there was/is no warning triangle that comes with the car.You name it and it's standard equipment except for this...well never mind there goes a tenner.

Thanks

Hi

Congrats on your new purchase. I recently pruchased a 2005 LS430 and opted to update the sat nav aswell... I did find some places in the Uk that were not on my previous version but on going through France and Spain it was still missing some information. I think it depends on the country as to whether they update their ground maps regularly. My opinion is it's not worth the money to update, although my previous version was 2005 so you might see a difference going from 2003 - 2007.

As for the lights, I didnt bother putting the stickers on and I found my lights did not dip up that much on the left, certainly not enough to interfere with oncoming traffic and I never got flashed once by an on coming car.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

I am a new and delighted LS430 (2004 model) owner. I am taking it to France, Normandy, next month.

Can anyone share their experience of using Light deflectors on the High Intensity Discharge bulbs on this model. Can the light deflectors do any damage to the light covers?

Also am considering updating the 2003 version of the Satnat disc, is it worth it for around £150? I am advise the latest version came out Oct 2007.

Incidently,I was amazed to find that there was/is no warning triangle that comes with the car.You name it and it's standard equipment except for this...well never mind there goes a tenner.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi

Light deflectors are a waste of time and just mess your headlights up as Glenn says don't bother.

The latest sat nav disc is a duel layer disc with 8.5gb on it, I upgraded mine from a 2001 car and it was much better, take yours out and stick it in your computer and see how big it is.... they are only about £100 anyway and you can get them on line here.

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

They are very quick to send it, came in about 2days from europe

It is in the boot on the right hand side under the removable floor section next to the lift up wheel well cover (if that makes sense) You have to remove two 10mm bolts, toolkit helps here, you can then lift it up enough to get the disc out.

As for a triangle, you will never need one now, you drive a Lexus, they don't break down.......

Glad you like the car, they just seem to keep growing on you....

Pete

Thanks

Hi

Light deflectors are a waste of time and just mess your headlights up as Glenn says don't bother.

The latest sat nav disc is a duel layer disc with 8.5gb on it, I upgraded mine from a 2001 car and it was much better, take yours out and stick it in your computer and see how big it is.... they are only about £100 anyway and you can get them on line here.

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

It is in the boot on the right hand side under the removable floor section next to the lift up wheel well cover (if that makes sense) You have to remove two 10mm bolts, toolkit helps here, you can then lift it up enough to get the disc out.

As for a triangle, you will never need one now, you drive a Lexus, they don't break down.......

Glad you like the car, they just seem to keep growing on you....

Pete

Thanks Pete and Glenn

I'll risk the lights and not bother with the deflectors. and draw comfort from Glenn's experience. I have bought the Triangle in case of an accident ( from bitter previous experience..a big pot hole nearly swallowed my then car )

I am not bothering with spare set of light bulbs either!

I'll use your suggested website to get update Satnav.

This is a great forum when compared with previous cars and your responses ahve really helped.

Appreciate your help!

Incidently, I have listened to some really expensive stereo systems but was amazed to find Mark Levinson system in the car outperforming almost all of them..especially the CDs...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links