Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have had my IS220d sport for about 6 months now and am getting fed up of it. Hate the 6 speed box and wished had gone for an IS250 SE-L Auto.

Now thinking of selling it or part ex it for another car. To my surprise not getting more then 20k at other brand dealers in part ex. Its an 08/07 registered car with only 8k on it.

Going to have a word with my dealer about part ex for a IS250 SE-L but apparently I can only do it against a new one which I think is wrong. Anyways lets see how it goes. If you guys have any suggestions to whats the best thing to do let me know. Im not happy about buying a new IS250 SE-L MM as it will make my montly payments go up. Will keep you updated on the situation.

Why am I not surprised at that response from Lexus Leicester. Shop elsewhere. I am so dissapointed with the customer relations at Leicester it has tainted my opinion of the car to the point I am openly touring the showrooms to trade in after just two months ownership!

You have only had it 2 months and want to get rid? what did lexus leicester say to you and who sold you the car.

Went in today but my monthly payments go up by 120 a month and they want 3k deposit for a new IS250 SE-L. Dont know what to do, am sort of confused and also stuck in a rut. :ohmy:

It's madness to think of trading any car after only 2 or 6 months. You've taken the biggest hit of depreciation when you drove it out of the showroom and paid virtually nothing off it - of course you will take a financial hit. The Audi R8 is probably the only car you can get away with doing this at the moment. Dealers make their maximum profits off people who trade their cars in within the first year - it keeps them in exotic holidays.

The good lady and myself sat down today to discuss our options. Fortunately we bought an approved used as I never buy new. I let someone else take the initial hit. We loved the car as something different on the test drive, but that's all been tainted by our experience with Lexus Leicester. I have to say Lexus GB don't seem at all bothered about what happened either. If something has been soured by your experiences it is nigh on impossible to gell with it again. Despite that we've opted to keep it for twelve months sticking to our plan to sever all relations with the dealership and get all servicing and warranty work done by an indpendant garage. We're still on speaking terms with my old delaership despite going to another brand and that says a thousand words for me. I still get treated with the same level of respect even though I don't own one of their brands anymore. At the end of twelve months we'll be going back to Volvo.

It's unfortunate because the cars themselves aren't too bad. But the lack of customer care, attention to detail and any support from the head office mean Lexus will never get my business again. I only wish I'd found this site before we bought and I hope that any potential customers Lexus might have will read my impressions and go into any deal with their eyes wide open and aware of how bad they can be.

If you go into the dealer reviews section you'll see for yourselves what we experienced.

The good lady and myself sat down today to discuss our options. Fortunately we bought an approved used as I never buy new. I let someone else take the initial hit. We loved the car as something different on the test drive, but that's all been tainted by our experience with Lexus Leicester. I have to say Lexus GB don't seem at all bothered about what happened either. If something has been soured by your experiences it is nigh on impossible to gell with it again. Despite that we've opted to keep it for twelve months sticking to our plan to sever all relations with the dealership and get all servicing and warranty work done by an indpendant garage. We're still on speaking terms with my old delaership despite going to another brand and that says a thousand words for me. I still get treated with the same level of respect even though I don't own one of their brands anymore. At the end of twelve months we'll be going back to Volvo.

It's unfortunate because the cars themselves aren't too bad. But the lack of customer care, attention to detail and any support from the head office mean Lexus will never get my business again. I only wish I'd found this site before we bought and I hope that any potential customers Lexus might have will read my impressions and go into any deal with their eyes wide open and aware of how bad they can be.

If you go into the dealer reviews section you'll see for yourselves what we experienced.

I have found the forum before buying, and I have to say that the comments about the fuel consumption and gearing are making me think twice. At present I have a Volvo S60 SE G/tronic, but really fancied a change as the volvo s60 will be stopping production next year. That being said, the G/tronic gives me an average 39 mpg combined, and 45 on a long run, and is so comfortable you feel like you are driving in your favourite leather armchair!

My main concern is, if I make the move, will I regret it........only time can answer this.

I know the Lexus is meant to hold its used value better than the Volvo, but I can get a fully specced S60 Lux with full RTI comms pack, Volvo assist, and dynaudio sound system for 20k (cost new 12 months ago £35k). So I think most of the volvos hit has already happened...

Cheers

Undecided from Essex

The new S60 is being launched next year and from the sketch impressions supposedly from the true leaked photographs, it looks a corker. With the new S60 due in it was the one reason we went for the IS instead of buying a used current model D5 S60. The S60 is a lot bigger than the IS so you could only compare the IS with the S40. The S40 is more economical and has split fold rear seats, but it doesn't feel as though they used the best plastics and trim in it even in the SE versions. If you're after something comparable with a S60 then the IS isn't it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links