Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Dash Felt Tray Removal?

Hi all, I've tried following the instructions to remove the head unit (ERR 3 strikes again!) but although I could get the bottom controls (seat heaters etc) out OK, I've snapped 2 screwdrivers trying to prise the felt tray out??!

Can anyone help or suggest what I'm doing wrong? I don't want to damage the dash instead of a screwdriver next time!

Thanks!

Hi all, I've tried following the instructions to remove the head unit (ERR 3 strikes again!) but although I could get the bottom controls (seat heaters etc) out OK, I've snapped 2 screwdrivers trying to prise the felt tray out??!

Can anyone help or suggest what I'm doing wrong? I don't want to damage the dash instead of a screwdriver next time!

Thanks!

the felt tray is screwed from the underside but it doesnt leave a hole when you remove it , its just plastic underneath,you pull the air vent section on the top towards you , its quite hard but if you get a good grip from the top nearest the windscreen and pull it should slide towards you.

Thanks!

there are 3 known versions of the dash tray with different mountings but 95% of the ones i have seen the felt is screwed to the tray. as said grab the sides and give it a damn good pull or if ur very careful slide a screwdriver between the aircon controls and the tray and it will pop up - do responsibility if u break or mark anything mind!

Thanks!

Seen Rob's own workshop thread from 2002? Here

Thanks!

Seen Rob's own workshop thread from 2002? Here

Brilliant, thanks guys - I was trying to flip the lint pad out, looking at this stuff I think it's the 1st version and I need to prise the whole unit up. Will have a go next weekend now, many thanks!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links