Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Sync

I've just got hold of an iPod to use solely in the car, and not really sure what to use to sync it with my PC (sorry to sound retarded but this is the first time I've ever actually used an iPod :lol: )

Anyway, people always say bad things about iTunes, so wondering whether it's better to use an alternative product. I've read of a few other pieces of software that can be used (ephpod, yamipod etc.) and also of a plug-in that will allow to sync the iPod with windows media player (mgtek dopisp).

Basically just interested to hear from people using any of these different methods, and which one works best. My only concern is that my music collection is all in MP3 format, and I don't want it being converted to anything else..............

Any advice would be appreciated :)

I've just got hold of an iPod to use solely in the car, and not really sure what to use to sync it with my PC (sorry to sound retarded but this is the first time I've ever actually used an iPod :lol: )

Anyway, people always say bad things about iTunes, so wondering whether it's better to use an alternative product. I've read of a few other pieces of software that can be used (ephpod, yamipod etc.) and also of a plug-in that will allow to sync the iPod with windows media player (mgtek dopisp).

Basically just interested to hear from people using any of these different methods, and which one works best. My only concern is that my music collection is all in MP3 format, and I don't want it being converted to anything else..............

Any advice would be appreciated :)

TBH I'd stick with itunes. Your MP3's won't be converted into another format - itunes deals with mp3's - and you can set it to not mess with your already neatly organised music folders. I've used ephpod - and it's pretty clunky and when I used it to create a playlist my grom unit freaked out on it (it's useful for grabbing tunes from an ipod that's not authorised on your PC though).

Been there, used a few. Back to Itunes now.

If you set it up right (how you want it) it's not that bad. If you wanna take music back off your Ipod (or someone elses) to your PC (Itunes no no) try a simple bit of software called Idump (check download.com), does what it says on the tin!

Ok so I've installed iTunes and either I'm being really stupid or this seems to be a slightly flawed piece of software - for starters, how do you just update the library?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links