Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Black Diamond Discs & Pads

bashaga

HI There,

I am about to buy set of Discs/ Pads from Black Diamond Grooved & Drilled.

I think they would look quite nice as my is300 is black as well. :hehe:

Has anyone had them before? How they compare to EBC or Mintex?

Let me know!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have the EBC Redstuff pads on my 330D and would give them a 6.5 out of 10.

They have a very nice bite and good stopping power that inspires confidence BUT in the recent cold weather we have had they have been abit er........ PANTS! They take too long to get up to temperature and from stone cold I would say the braking is alot worse then the standard pads - when up to temperature they are much better however and I have never got them to fade (but that might be down to the 5.1 flud too). They are supposed to be a fast road pad, not a track pad which is why the cold performance is really dissapointing.

After recently looking at brake upgrades for the Aristo - EBC stuff seems to have a very bad reputation on the Aristo/MKIV forums so I would probably avoid it.

Yoshi (www.lexusvertex.com) rates the Black Diamond Discs/Predetor pads quite highly and I know a few M3 owners that had had them before going for a BBK. I did read a few mixed opinions on them on a few other forums however.

I would go with 3G brake discs (basically brembo discs with grooves in) and Mintex Extreme Pads for a nice cost effective upgrade. Prolex can supply you with a package I think. If you can wait and get them from the US, Hawk brembo pads are supposed to be good too. Endless CCX/SSS are also top notch pads but they are very expensive. A guy on the MKIV Supra forum called Chris Wilson also makes his own fast road pads that are raved about - quite expensive, but cheaper then the Endless.

I was going to get the Hawk brembo spec pads but I would have to wait at least two weeks for them to come from the US so I think I will spend the extra and get the Chris Wilson Pads since my discs are already here.

I would also spend the extra £50ish quid and get some Stainless Steel Brake Hoses.

Your pads should be much cheaper, so some of the info I have given regarding price won't apply.

Good Luck :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links