Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior Bits That Do What?

I have stripped the lexus in order to dynmat the car before my install and have come across a few things that i was hoping somebody could answer..

does anybody know what the two kidney shaped metal plates are on the rear panel behind the rear seats? they bolt off/on but dont appear to serve any function??

under the rear seat bench there are two panels bolted in with plastic bolts and have wires going into them?? are they the fuel pump or something?? need to know if i should take off and dynamt under, then bolt back on, dynamat straight over the top or dynamat around and leave it well alone!!

in the boot, what function do the plastic air vent things do that are behind the boot trim? can these be covered or do the serve some function other than let air in/out? ie anything to do with the aircon? this area is going to be filled with lagging hopefully..

answers on a post(card)!

phew... now i can relax until tomorrow!!

I have stripped the lexus in order to dynmat the car before my install and have come across a few things that i was hoping somebody could answer..

does anybody know what the two kidney shaped metal plates are on the rear panel behind the rear seats? they bolt off/on but dont appear to serve any function??

I've noticed these too, taking them off makes it easier to run cable to the boot, i think their there for strengthening so i made sure i put them back.

under the rear seat bench there are two panels bolted in with plastic bolts and have wires going into them?? are they the fuel pump or something?? need to know if i should take off and dynamt under, then bolt back on, dynamat straight over the top or dynamat around and leave it well alone!!

Yeah they ar the entrance for the fuel pump etc, dont see much harm in covering them, only the same as the seat on top of them.

in the boot, what function do the plastic air vent things do that are behind the boot trim? can these be covered or do the serve some function other than let air in/out? ie anything to do with the aircon? this area is going to be filled with lagging hopefully..

answers on a post(card)!

I think they do serve a function to do with keeping the boot dry etc. I think anyway, best leave them uncovered.

Hope that helps.

Stav

I've noticed these too, taking them off makes it easier to run cable to the boot, i think their there for strengthening so i made sure i put them back.

Yeah they ar the entrance for the fuel pump etc, dont see much harm in covering them, only the same as the seat on top of them.

answers on a post(card)!

I think they do serve a function to do with keeping the boot dry etc. I think anyway, best leave them uncovered.

Hope that helps.

Stav

dont cover the plates under the seat of the air vents in the rear quarters

answers on a post(card)!

Hope that helps.

Stav

dont cover the plates under the seat of the air vents in the rear quarters

ok..

kind of guessed not to cover the plates under the seats.

any reason for not covering the rear quarter vents? i was going to fill this void with sound deadening material, rock wool or similar.. it woill be sealed off from the boot anyway??

Don't block the air vents in the boot. The boot will fill up with moist air, which will condense onto anything cold in there, which will lead to rust and mould...

so does this mean that i cant seal off that area of the boot too??

can rock wool (or loft insulation type stuff) be packed in there? it wouldnt get cold and would gues that if it can survive in a loft then it should be ok as the same temp extremes as the car??

• 2 weeks later...

ok,

so now it gets annoying..

there is so much pressure in the boot that the air vents in the rear quarters flap around like anything!!

does anybody jknow if the rubbery flappy stuff can be removed as that will solve the problem?

if not then i will have to seal that area but that kind of defeats the object of having them there??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links