Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Opinions On Altezza For Sale

prince83

Hi Guys,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:B:EOIBSA:UK:11

Just wanted to know what you guys think of this car. Any tips on what i should look for, common problems etc etc. The only thing that kinda worries me is that it says it has 29000 on the clock and that seems strange for a 1999 car. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Uffan

Hi,

first things first it's an Auto and produces 200bhp on jap 100ron fuel, not IT PRODURES ABOUT 22O BHP. as stated, his spelling alone would put me off, but perhaps English isn't his first language....

Auto/tiptronic is a great daily driver and i can't fault mine, but if you plan to mod it performance wise get a manual instead....

They're a good reliable car once it's been regularly serviced,

BTW Some of his "Lexus" badges make me cringe....

Yeh i'm with you Noel the Gold Lexus stuff is pretty bad. English isn't his 1st language hence the spelling. And yeh the IS is better equipped with half leathers. I managed to get him down to 5.5k and thats why he ended the listing. Gonna go and see it on Sunday and check it out, thats why i need your input PLEASE. Anyone have any comment on the mileage and things to look for to verify it???

Monster Mat could you point out where you can notice the poor fitting bumper as i can't spot it.

Much Appreciated

illfittingbumper.jpg

red shows sagging, and not butted upto wing properly, green shows missing fog lamps.................its very rare for an altezza to have a TTE front bumper on them, ask your self ...why (as a precaustion)

now lets look at picture number 2

differentcolourwingoversprayonplast.jpg

the wing is a different shade to the door, it looks like it is in base coat 040 whereas the car is is not

there is also overspray on the plastic arch trim.

id look at the underneath of the car at the front, radiator cross member and elsewhere around the front for slight damaged panels, brackets etc etc

Monster Mat you got a good eye there, i knew the fogs were missing but i only noticed that the drivers side was a dodgy fit. Fogs don't matter too much to me but the fact that the wing has been resprayed dosn't sound like good news to me. If its had front end damage anything specific that i should look for that will give it away???

You say the wing is in basecoat 040 wat is the colour code for the rest of the car?

Thanks again

Monster Mat you got a good eye there, i knew the fogs were missing but i only noticed that the drivers side was a dodgy fit. Fogs don't matter too much to me but the fact that the wing has been resprayed dosn't sound like good news to me. If its had front end damage anything specific that i should look for that will give it away???

You say the wing is in basecoat 040 wat is the colour code for the rest of the car?

Thanks again

there are x2 040 codes a base coat, and the top coat, the gloss is the top coat, what the outside of the car is painted with, the base coat is what everywhere else is painted with, look under the bonnet on an is/altezza, although the same colour, its always a slight different shade, and duller

look at the slam panel

radiator support

arch trim

headlight to wing gap

wing to bonnet gap

wing to door gap

look for any missing rubber trim

look at chassis legs

Thanks Monster Mat, your a legend!!! I'm gona hit this guy will all this info and see what he says. Do you think i should still buy it if has been in an accident but been repaired??? If it has been repaired what would price you recommend i should get it down to, considering i offered 5.5k for wat was described as a clean car?

Also any comment on the mileage as 29000 seems abit low for me, wat do you think Monster Mat???

Once again greatfull for your response

Thanks Monster Mat, your a legend!!! I'm gona hit this guy will all this info and see what he says. Do you think i should still buy it if has been in an accident but been repaired??? If it has been repaired what would price you recommend i should get it down to, considering i offered 5.5k for wat was described as a clean car?

Also any comment on the mileage as 29000 seems abit low for me, wat do you think Monster Mat???

Once again greatfull for your response

the milage will be very hard to determin, if the black leather on the steering wheel is shinney, as in worn shiney, its defo done more than the indicated milage.

hmmm, im gonna look at this car again, there was a member on here who had a white car which had a bump front/rear

he wasnt on often, but was after new bumpers et al........he was always trying to sell stuff

do you know the name of the seller

He's a foreign dude, said his name was Sly. We arranged to meet at the weekend, so will have a good old look at the bits you pointed out. It says in the listing that the car was imported in october 2007 so it has only come in recently.

Appreciate you taking the time to help

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links