Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am looking to buy a bike carrier to fit onto the back of my Lex, having very little success in searching the web but I am not very experienced at this. Could anyone advise me as to where I can get a reasonable quality carrier. I have managed to find those which fit onto a tow bar and roof but I feel the roof ones would effect the performance of the car (mpg)

Merv

Jump on the bike while it's on the rack and pedal. Leave the car in neutral, Ignittion on ACC2. If it moves forwards as you pedal, then it's a hybrid...

BTW - I too have a boot/bumper type rack which is raised. One things for sure - no matter what bike rack you get, your drag will increase and MPG will suffer. The roof ones look as though they will create least drag as the bike hits the air head on...

Jump on the bike while it's on the rack and pedal. Leave the car in neutral, Ignittion on ACC2. If it moves forwards as you pedal, then it's a hybrid...

BTW - I too have a boot/bumper type rack which is raised. One things for sure - no matter what bike rack you get, your drag will increase and MPG will suffer. The roof ones look as though they will create least drag as the bike hits the air head on...

Jamboo, You may have just stumbled upon the answer to all the mpg problems!!! :lol:

Jamboo, You may have just stumbled upon the answer to all the mpg problems!!! :lol:

Just use the bike instead - best answer to your fuel consumption wowes

I only use that carrier once. The blasted thing scratched the boot lid (ever so slightly)

(CORRECTION)

...the rubber pads on the contact surfaces of the carrier scratched the boot lid (ever so slightly)

>....so it's never been used since!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links