Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water Pump Tube Piece, Thingy?

Hi People,

Haven't been on here mush as i have been uber busy but will get round to answering peoples PM's etc.

I have just ordered a new water pump as i doubt mine has ever been changed and the car has now done 120k+, i have had the cambelt changed 15k ago and didn't have the money at the time to replace the water pump.

i now plan on doing a major service and replacing alot of the parts i feel might go soon, ie water pump, all belts and filters etc etc.

Anyway the rear part of the water pump there is a pipe that comes off the engine block and bends down into the rear of the pump and it appears that there is some coolant leaking around the join in the water pump. Anybody know the part number for this piece or even have one lying around????? real long shot i know :unsure:

Chris.s any idea's???

many thanks in advance!

Jason :P

Yep, its the by pass pipe, replace it with a new one along with the 2 'o' rings. I remember reading on LOC that the part itself is about £20 from Lexus. Mine also needs replacing as well.

Yep, its the by pass pipe, replace it with a new one along with the 2 'o' rings. I remember reading on LOC that the part itself is about £20 from Lexus. Mine also needs replacing as well.

Thanks guys, looks like i will be poping into lexus southampton and picking on up then, also going to see if they have the IS-F in as well :shifty:

I have had the cambelt changed 15k ago and didn't have the money at the time to replace the water pump.

it appears that there is some coolant leaking around the join in the water pump.

I had mine done when I had the Timing Belt changed. I read it was good advice to get it done as a precaution at the same time.

Glad I did now. Hope it's all sorted and at minimal cost too mate.

i did plan to have the waterpump changed when i had the cambelt done but i was unemployed at the time, now i have the money so going to get it all sorted before she goes, plus im going to try a new garage to get it serviced.

My brother has his 600bhp mr2 worked on by a company called 3S service and the guy who owns the company has bought a altezza for himself and wants to branch out and do lexus as well. He knows alot about toyota engines and my brother trust him with his life so as far as im aware he should do a good job with my car!

i did plan to have the waterpump changed when i had the cambelt done but i was unemployed at the time, now i have the money so going to get it all sorted before she goes, plus im going to try a new garage to get it serviced.

My brother has his 600bhp mr2 worked on by a company called 3S service and the guy who owns the company has bought a altezza for himself and wants to branch out and do lexus as well. He knows alot about toyota engines and my brother trust him with his life so as far as im aware he should do a good job with my car!

Should have know you would be surfing here 3S otherwise known as toyotagt to the rest of the toyota/lexus community :winky: when you coming in??

James

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links