Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Induction Kit

TezzaMan

Hi all!

I need some help. unsure.gif

I've also bought a HKS racing suction kit from eBay. The kit is incomplete (missing a bracket and instructions) But for £40 I thought what the hell, I'll make a bracket and work out how to fit the kit. So I took the airbox out, disconnected the sensor, but then I found more smaller pipes and other connections right at the bottom of the airbox (and the round bit with a pipe coming out at the top of the airbox).

See pic

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=003

http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image031ag4.jpg

I just don't know what to do with the other connections. Any ideas? It would be GREAT if someone had one of these kits and has instructions!!

Thanks. R

Hi,

IIRC there's only one small pipe to block on top of the engine block, the rest can be disconnected and removed with the old air-box, the brown electrical connector is normally just cable tied out of the way...

It's very important to fit the MAF sensor in the correct way, the wires face forward towards the front out the car ;)

Keep the pictures of where they all go in case you ever decide to put it back to standard...

hope this helps :)

Cheers Mate that's brilliant! :D

I was concerned about the electrical connector the most.

Just wondering what all the other hoses do?

Never mind, if I don't need them, I don't need them.

Thanks again, R

extra hoses are vacuum hoses i think, at a certain rpm this would cause a flap in the airbox to lift allowing more air into the airbox. make sure you block off the valve on the top of the engine block as Noel mentioned otherwise the car wont run properly

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links