Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stupid Pothole

If they'd repaired the hole properly in the first place (in March) there wouldn't have been a pothole for you to hit in April! What you appear to have taken a photograph of is a large pothole, only half of which has been repaired.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately no further developments, the council refused to pay out as the road had been "inspected" within a certain timeframe (I forget how long it was) - I did speak to a solicitor about taking it to court but I just didn't have the time and I've just forgotten about it really. At the end of the day I just didn't have the time to waste on the slim chance I might win.............

Make sure you take pictures of everything though and put a claim forward to the council. If you're lucky they may just pay out :)

Easiest way around this is to report every small piece of damage you see to a road surface and get everyone doing it could be quite a campaign actually, i'm pretty sure as soon as they are aware then a stopwatch starts as to when the council/highways agency have to react.

Anyway regardless of that as long as its reported if they then choose to ignore it if anyone then hits that pothole/bump/furrow then they are liable, and in this letigious society i'm pretty sure eventually they will figure it out that its cheaper to fix the roads.

Also do not be fobbed off by the inspection thing if the work is bad there are standards as to how the work is done if its not up to standard then the company who carried it out is liable and if the council inspected it, then guess whos liable ;)

ITs speed humps that get my goat more than pot holes though i've ground the bottom of the car on those more often than any problems with pot holes can. considering "The shape of speed control humps are strictly regulated. They must be between 50mm and 100mm high, at least 2.75m long and extend over the full width of the road" i haven't seen many legal ones either.

So unless this control changes between local authorities then the first time you catch your bumper or anything else i'd put a claim in.

I might even ring a few of the midlands councils to get their official line on it then tell them they have to rip every speed hump up or be liable for damage

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links