Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sports Grille

NigeSt

Hi,

I've just picked up my new Sports Grille and I'm looking forward to give the car a clean and polish over the weekend and then fitting the grille :)

A question:

The japanese instructions show the removal of the plastic 'pegs' at each side along the top of the grille. Looking at these on the actual car, they appear to have philips (cross / positive) screw heads - can anyone tell me, are they actually threaded or are they push-in/pull out plugs :question:

TIA,

Nige

Not strictly true there chris!!! the black plastic clips ( 4 in total) are 1/4 turn fastners, just give the middle a LITTLE twist and you will release the core - u might need a pair of pliers to just pull them free though.

Not strictly true there chris!!!  the black plastic clips ( 4 in total) are 1/4 turn fastners, just give the middle  a LITTLE twist and you will release the core - u might need a pair of pliers to just pull them free though.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Fluff, will the clips "pop-up" on a quarter turn? Just wondering how I'll know when the clips are aligned to come out.

Thanks,

Nige

Don't tell me !

Its the dry patch by the manhole cover  :blink:

:D

Close... on the top picture, you can see my daughter (wearing pink) reflected on the offside corner, on the bottom photo it's her pink bike. Knew that would get you :)

well i spend an hour today try to take my sport grille off so i can de-badge it, i took the 4 clips off, plus the centre screw, and then i couldnt get the guille out to do the de-badge, do u push the guille inward or pull it out? and how do i take the badge off? anyone know? :angry::angry::angry:

well i spend an hour today try to take my sport grille off so i can de-badge it, i took the 4 clips off, plus the centre screw, and then i couldnt get the guille out to do the de-badge, do u push the guille inward or pull it out? and how do i take the badge off? anyone know? :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

It is awkward, but at least I had some Japanese :unsure: instructions to 'help'...

Remove the 4 plugs (from which I still have blisters) and the centre screw, as you did.

Then, for a standard (not Sports mesh) grille, you'll need to remove the rubber backing. This is done by removing a number (9?) of U-shaped clips around the back of the grille. These just slide off fairly easily.

Next, you'll need to unclip the grille from the front bumper. This is also very awkward. There are three wedged 'lugs' on the bumper which pass through slots on the lower edge of the bumper. You'll need to tip the top of the grille towards the front of the car (bending the part of the front bumper that extends either side of the grille) and put you hand down the back of the grille. Then, press on down on the edge of the bumper lug whilst pulling the lower part of the grille towards the back of the car. This is very awkward and you'll need thin fingers. The Japanese instructions show a screwdriver being used to press down on the lugs, but that didn't work for me :(

When all three lugs are disconnected, you can pull the grille out.

To quote Coldplay, "nobody said it was easy, nobody said it would be so hard" :blink:

Goodluck.

BTW, I've no experience of removing the badge.

Nige

• 1 month later...

I attended an event at Silverstone circuit today.

On the way in, a security guy was waving folk past, but pulled me over. He pointed at my front grille, shouting, "what's that in your grille?!"

I thought, "Heck, what have a hit?", thinking a bird or plastic bag, or somesuch.

He actually wanted to know if I had lights hidden behind my grille, as used by umarked police cars!

It was actually the two standard horns that are visible behind a Sports Grille, so I explained it wasn't the 'standard' grille and that was the reason he hadn't noticed the horns there before. It turned out he was a big fan of the IS and therefore he noticed the difference. He's saving for his own IS and loves the car :)

Considering the exotic hardware driving past his post, I thought it was very amusing that he pulled an IS 200 for a closer look :)

BTW, I told him about the club! :)

Nige

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links