Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Work Mp3 Music On A Lexus Is200 Se Cd Player?

Hey there,

I'm new the Lexus brand, I just purchased myself a Lexus IS200 SE yesterday and was trying to get my mp3 music from iTunes on CD

Basically, I'm using Nero Express and just creating an Audio CD which Nero claims should work on ANY cd player but I'm having no luck

I'm just using CD-RW discs with mp3 songs and I get "ERROR1" message

Can anybody shed light on the situation

Many thanks guys!

EDIT: When I put any CD in the CD Player, it's coming up with "ERR1" which according to the Lexus manual, indicates the disc is dirty or damaged

What should I do?

Thanks!

It is a standard CD Player and not designed to play Mp3 CD's.

It should play Audio CD's however, maybe it is the brand of blank CD's you are using ?

The CD Player is not the most reliable, and depending how old your car is, maybe a warranty

claim/swap over is possible. Other than that complain to who you bought it from if it won't even

play shop bought CD's. It should play Audio CD's burnt with Nero as mine used to before I sold

it and replaced my entire stock sound system.

Hope this helps mate.

Woz

It's the RW that gives it away.. they're re-writable - double-trouble for compatibility with players.

Use CD-R's (preferrably Ritek dye if you can find them), and avoid CD-RW like the plague.

Besides it's alot slower to burn RW's.

I think the CD Player is knackered to be honest, I'm suprised I didn't check it when I purchased the car.

I've just tried to use a CD Cleaning kit, but no luck there! - Waste of £20.

I think I'm going to have to go for a iPod to Tape adpater set-up which I've used in the car and to be honest, the quality of the audio isn't too bad.

How come the Lexus CD Player is so crap?

How come the Lexus CD Player is so crap?

Does your CD player have the slot at the top or the bottom of the unit? If it's bottom, then it's a well known fact that they often go faulty, if it's the top, it's unusual as they're pretty reliable.

You could get yourself a Gromaudio ipod adapter - quite a few ppl on here have it and it works well and the sound quality is excellent :)

Yep a small minority of the top slots had ERR1 problems, I had one replaced under warranty for that problem, but the replacement has been fine since. It's very rare for the top slots to have problems, most are fine. I'm sorry to say though that I think the CD player could be dead.

Either replace the unit with an aftermarket one, or if you're planning to use your iPod anyway, get the Grom adapter which is dead easy to install and let's you keep the OEM look of the stereo........

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there,

I'm new the Lexus brand, I just purchased myself a Lexus IS200 SE yesterday and was trying to get my mp3 music from iTunes on CD

Basically, I'm using Nero Express and just creating an Audio CD which Nero claims should work on ANY cd player but I'm having no luck

I'm just using CD-RW discs with mp3 songs and I get "ERROR1" message

Can anybody shed light on the situation

Many thanks guys!

EDIT: When I put any CD in the CD Player, it's coming up with "ERR1" which according to the Lexus manual, indicates the disc is dirty or damaged

What should I do?

Thanks!

CD-RW thats the problem there. I used Media Player and a normal CD-R. I done 3 CDs and works 1st time for me.

By the way im a newbie to Lexus. I bought my IS200 SE last Friday. 2002, with 45900 miles on the clock.

I am loving every second i spend in this car. I am very glad i didnt go for a german car again. I will not touch BMWs again.

CD-RW thats the problem there. I used Media Player and a normal CD-R. I done 3 CDs and works 1st time for me.

By the way im a newbie to Lexus. I bought my IS200 SE last Friday. 2002, with 45900 miles on the clock.

I am loving every second i spend in this car. I am very glad i didnt go for a german car again. I will not touch BMWs again.

Welcome mate,

Stick a thread in the new members section.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links